Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Soren (Wanderers Between Worlds Book 1) MM Monster Romance by Miranda Page

Soren Soren by Miranda Page
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

📘Book Info
This is the debut novel of Miranda Page. It is the first in a post-apocalyptic fantasy series where human men fall in love with the sweet monsters who need them. Warning. This is a m/m love story containing explicit content and is not suitable for young readers. Sexual contact 18+.

Soren

Monsters are nasty, but humans are worse. I've spent the last few years wandering what is left of the United States with a monster at my side. Roman's ginormous. Cat-like, covered head to toe in black scales, and definitely not from this world.I just didn't think the small, kind of cute, monster house cat that I rescued would grow to be the size of a horse. But I couldn't have asked for a better-traveling companion. She keeps me safe against the other monsters, and most humans are too scared of her to get near us. Too bad they will never know the worst thing she would do to them is lick them to death. Now, if we could just find a home away from the monsters that want to eat meat the humans who want to kill her.

Merrick

Humans took everything from me.My mate. My child. My home.When human technology tore holes in our reality, it killed our world and devastated the human population on their side.Now, we need a new home, and the only one available is the one that took everything with its greed.But to survive, we must find a way to work with humans.Even if they want to kill us.But I never thought I would meet him out here in the wilds.The human who would bring me peace.

💭Our Thoughts
Absolutely a must-read!

I am going to recommend having tissues and a teddy nearby for some of the scenes that will likely rip your heart out, shred your soul, and then piece you back together

This series is now on my one-click list

Soren was wandering the wastes alone. Better than the disease-ridden overcrowded government-run cities with his sidekick Roman who was just the sweetest overly protective fur ball sort of replacement lol
Merrick - there is so much more to him than you see
Emily - rounded out our trio to make a family

The story did start a bit slow, some events were a bit discombobulated, but after a couple of chapters the author found the sweet spot and I was hooked!
The characters were vivid. Their personalities and little quirks are just endearing.
The relationships between them felt natural. I did wish we got more of Merrick's tail (don't judge)
Page did a solid job with the world-building. I easily pictured the different monsters and the wasteland that the world had become.
The story is told from Soren's POV.
Props here for leaving us in the dark when Soren was in the dark. We all get the events that occurred at the same time (trying not to give spoilers)
Some areas need a bit more expansion. The how or why of events. Background information on characters, just little things here and there.
Since this is the first in the series I know more will be explained and revealed as the series moves forward

Normally I am reserved with my ratings but there was just something magical about the characters and the tone of the story. It was far from perfect but it hit just right and the cast stayed with me long after I finished the story.
I am excited to see where their journey takes them

Quotes from some of my favorite scenes

"You are not my love... You are my life."

"Take pity on me. I'm bored, and you look like fun"

"Fears aren't rational. They aren't meant to be. We are all scared of something. There is no shame in that."

"It's a human thing, just to accept it"

"You can't control how you feel about someone, but you can control how you act on those feelings"

"Seek peace, but be ready to go to war for what you believe in"

*I was allowed to read an early copy of Soren and my rating is with the expectation that the errors in this early draft will be edited before publication
 

#Soren #monster #fantasy #paranormal #mmromance #bookrecommendation #mirandapage

Comments