Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Charm Me (Cherry Blossom Lake) Romantic Comedies by Tawna Fenske

Charm Me Charm Me by Tawna Fenske
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

📘Book Info

Call me cocky, but it’s a fact women fall at my feet. So why does this one want to kick me in the junk?

Might be my work for her uncle’s legal defense.

Or the dubious ways I earned my millions.

Or the scandal that cost my career. Or hell.

Maybe it’s just that I’m not a nice guy.

A fact I’m regretting once Lucy storms in and gets me rethinking my rule on dating single moms.

She’s funny and smart and so sexy it shouldn’t be legal.

Take it from a disbarred lawyer.

One desperate to dodge this desire sparking like frayed wires in a champagne flute of kerosene.

A few stolen kisses and I’m suddenly starved for a simple life on this sweet lake, but that’s absurd.

Guys like me don’t belong in small towns. Towns this charming, this good, this…pure.

It should be easy staying chaste with Lucy, since our encounters include a precocious pre-teen, one misguided bat, and a goat who won’t take no for an answer.

But nothing’s easy with a woman born to boss five grumpy brothers.

Big as they are, those guys don’t scare me.

Not like my feelings for Luce and her daughter. Those have me quaking in my Gucci loafers.

So does this big-ass secret bearing down like a toxic tsunami.

One-click this laugh-out-loud, enemies-to-lovers rom-com about a single mom and the bad boy millionaire she swears she’ll never fall for (spoiler alert: she does).

💭Our Thoughts

Welcome back to Cherry Blossom Lake!

Looks like dear old uncle might have an ace up his sleeve
I was willing to bet the farm uncle was guilty after meeting him in Try Me
I also knew it wouldn't be easy to prove it. He was a crafty character
Now it looks like he might get away with it thanks to the very very efficient PI he hired

Meet Peter a very good, very tenacious disbarred lawyer turned private detective. He knows how the game is played
He hears what they are not saying and is willing to take a look

His first stop?
The bait shop
His first stumble?
Lucy

Lucy is a fiercely independent single mom who sees through Peter immediately.
She knows he is the enemy but ...
She can play both sides without getting involved right?

The romantic tension and chemistry between Peter and Lucy...
Hades level hot. The back-and-forth banter was both witty and heartwarming. They fit.
Lucy was front and center honest with Peter
She didn't hold back

Really liked Sam and hope she gets her own story
Harper was the perfect addition to bring these two together
Can not wait to see Cal fall under Zoe's spell

This had all the small-town charm I expected with an easy-to-follow storyline.
A solid cast of characters that will steal your heart.
Just enough twists and turns to keep me guessing
Rounded out with a melt-your-heart HEA Authors Website➱ http://www.tawnafenske.com/

 #tawnafenske #cherryblossomromcoms #tawnafenskebooks #tawnafenskemakesmelaugh #smalltownromance #indieauthor #romcomromancereads #bookrecommendtation

Comments