Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ The Bourbon Bride a Billionaire Romance by Adrian R. Hale

The Bourbon Bride The Bourbon Bride by Adrian R. Hale

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



📘Book Info
She could have fled, but she chose to stay, and I’m just shameless enough to use that to my advantage to get what I want.

Hayes Olsen: Billionaire, Demanding Businessman, Killer of Dreams…

I rule as king of the corporate underworld, my worst deeds performed as CFO of Olympus International where I reign with my two brothers. My ruthlessness means I’m not well-liked, and far from accepted, but as luck would have it, the fates intervene on my behalf, sending a sweet debutante into my garden on the very night society gets its claws in her.Her innocence kept her at my mercy and now I’m never letting her go.

Paige Fairchild: Hotel Heiress, Southern Belle, Virgin…

I begged Mama to have my debutante ball at an exclusive nightclub. Meeting the club’s mysterious owner, however, was a bittersweet twist of fate. Hayes is refined, well-aged, and sinfully hot in a way that promises temptation and a world of pleasures I’ve never known. He could be the very key I’ve needed to leave my tightly controlled life behind, but it’s a risk that could have disastrous consequences.

I ran straight into the arms of the devil, and now he’ll never let me leave.

💭Our Thoughts
I saw that coming
Though I didn't think I would empathize so much with Hayes
but I did

This ends in a betrayal, sort of...

Hayes has always been business first.
Emotions were not something he entertained
They just got in the way of his duties
Until an angel entered his garden

Paige found life easier if she just gave in to Mama.
Eventually, she would take over the company but for now, Mama held all the power and there was no reason to fight the inevitable
That was until Mama tried using her as a bargaining chip
Until her childhood nightmare was poised to become her future
In a panic, she fled
Only to find herself at the
The front of the Abyss
Literally in more ways than she realized

The build-up between these two
The chemistry, the back and forth, the friction
The way Paige responded to Hayes
The way Hayes cared for her
Flawless on so many levers

I really, really, disliked Mama and Garrison; he just made my skin crawl.... Ewwwww

I actually felt bad for Hayes. Yes, he originally had selfish motives for aiding Paige but now?
He is lost

And Paige
Her whole life she has felt less than and when she finally lets go -
Gives herself heart and soul into the care of another
Indulges her true nature
She finds out it was all a lie
Mama was right
She wasn't worth more than a bargaining chip

I need to know what happens next - My heart will shatter if she ends up back in the care of Mama

Authors Website➱ http://www.adrianrhale.com/

#adrianrhale #ContemporaryRomance #EroticRomance #ForcedProximity #BillionaireRomance #AgeGap #GrumpySunshine #Marriageofconvenience #VirginHeroine #bookrecommendation

Comments