Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ On the Map an Accidental Marriage Romantic Comedy by Christina Hovland

On the Map On the Map by Christina Hovland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

📘Book Info
Professional backup singer Maya Mitchell keeps accidentally getting hitched in Sin City. Now, she’s back for her childhood best friend’s celebration and she’s vowed to dodge any new matrimonial chaos. There will be no more surprise ‘I dos,’ even if the margaritas flow and the chapels never close.


Denver's heartthrob and most eligible bachelor, Sloan Steele, loves his single life. He loves it as much as he loves the football field. But, after one scandal too many, his management is tired of playing defense and asks him to take a time-out on the drama. 


One chance encounter plus one drunken night equals Maya and Sloan as the city's latest married couple—a blitz neither saw coming. Once the shock settles, they see the opportunity: a marriage is good for Sloan's reputation. Meanwhile, Maya can use the spotlight to launch her solo career. But executing this play perfectly means sticking to the game plan.


No misunderstandings. No expectations. No falling in love.

As their faux-mance deepens, she's scared of losing her heart and he wants to stop playing games. But do they have what it takes to go all the way?


💭Our Thoughts
"If I made it perfect, it would lose the perfection"

Don't pass this one up it is the perfect example of a
"situation-ship"
One of my new favorite genres!

"One simple gesture, but with it, we seemed to hit our stride."

The easy way I fell into this story
Sloane and Maya were both commitment-phobes but for different reasons
One night of no-strings fun, aided by a mysterious margarita mix leaves our two in a sticky "situation-ship" (again one of my new fave words)

"Seriously, I tried to stop them, but between the tears, the hiccups, and the fact that I had pancakes when I really wanted French toast - it was basically a free-for-all dance party in my tear ducts"

My heart broke for Maya but doggone it if Sloane didnt just gracefully jump in there and catch those tears
Despite her tableware conversation he was going to prove the condiments wrong
And darn if it didnt come with perks for both of them
Salt and Pepper shakers will never be the same for me 

I had so much fun with these two.
With their teammates, bandmates, family, friends, their BFF's
The chemistry between them was flaming hades hot and the way their relationship progressed so naturally
The obstacles they overcame together
The patience Sloan had for Maya

I could go on for days
Just one click and save yourself from my happy-ever-after rambling

Authors Website➱  https://christinahovland.com/


#christinahovland #onthemap #ContemporaryRomance #RomanticComedy #ChickLit #SportsRomance #ForcedProximity #FoundFamily #MarriageofConvenience #FakeRelationship #OneNightStand #CelebrityRomance #BookRecommendation

Comments