Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ A Bargain With The Shadow Prince (A Shadow's Bargain Book 1) Paranormal Fantasy Romance by Genevieve Jack

A Bargain with the Shadow PrinceA Bargain with the Shadow Prince by Genevieve Jack


📘Book Info
It takes a monster to stop a monster.

Light the candle.
Stand naked before the symbol.
Offer your blood.

The advocate will come.


I left my abusive crime boss husband expecting to start over from nothing. After all, the prenup I signed when I married him is ironclad. But when Tony uses a loophole in the law to go after my ancestral family home—the one I’m currently living in and my grandmother is dying in—I’m desperate to stop him.

My witch best friend Maeve offers a solution. She lends me a family spell to call a supernatural advocate to deal with Tony. After all, it takes a monster to stop a monster.

But when I follow her instructions, I’m not expecting the darkly handsome Damien to form from the shadows, or to learn that he’s been a prisoner of Maeve’s family for centuries. From the moment he accepts my bargain and drinks my blood, he awakens a passion in me, one charged with latent magic. Magic formidable enough to restore my true self. Magic that holds the promise of Damien’s freedom.

💭Our Thoughts
"How many times will you smash your head into your reflection before you understand that it's killing you"

Yes, I led with that because it sums up our heroine  Eloise perfectly.
She's pure goodness and light and a touch of naivety, not ignorant; think wholesome
She has had a rough start in life. She lost both her parents a few years ago. Her only living relative, her grandmother is currently battling cancer. And the man she thought was her savior, the one to love and cherish her, and encourage her to spread her wings; turned out to be her worst nightmare.
Now he is coming after the only thing she has left and she is desperate
But can she go as far as the advocate wants?

Damien. I don't even know where to start with him. I fell for him the first night he attempted to eliminate her problem. Dark, with no qualms about doing what needs to be done to get the results he wants.
And the woman who called him forth in nothing but her birthday suit?
He wants her.

Maude, this is the BFF, and yes she is trouble.
In a lot of good ways though.

This is part of a series and ends on a hellacious cliffy that you won't see coming. Eloise is so much more than she knows.
The story is packed with secrets upon secrets. Misdirection and some angsty moments. (the fairy lights made me cry).
Plenty of high heat smexy moments and sexual tension that practically drips off the pages.
There were some slower moments in the storyline giving us a little background and building a foundation for those OMG twists and betrayals that will have you gasping out loud, at times even tempted to toss the reader

Authors Website➱  https://www.genevievejack.com/


 #GenevieveJack #abargainwiththeshadowprince #ParanormalRomance #FantasyRomance #SupernaturalPowers #kindleunlimited #bookrecommendation

Comments