Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Cruelly Bitten (Blood Alliance Book 6) Gothic Dark Paranormal Romance by Lexi C Foss

Cruelly Bitten Cruelly Bitten by Lexi C. Foss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

📘Book Info
Once upon a time, humankind ruled the world while lycans and vampires lived in secret.
This is no longer that time.

Ismerelda

The male I’m forever bonded to is now a monster.
A cruel beast.
A vampire without remorse and no memories of our previous existence together.

He has no idea who I am.
What I mean to him.
Who we used to be together.
But I’m not giving up.

He will remember me.

I vow it.

Cam

I’m a vampire king.
A superior being to all the rest.
Except her. The female who refuses to bow.

I’m going to break her.
Destroy her.
Reform her.
And when she’s finally learned her place at my side, I’m going to end her.
Because I have no need for a disobedient pet.
’m meant to rule this alliance, and that’s exactly what I’ll do.

Welcome to the new reign.
It’s filled with blood and broken alliances and littered with death.
My kingdom. My rules. My future.

Author’s Note Cruelly Bitten contains dark content. Please read the warning note inside. Also, while this story can be read as a standalone romance, this series is best enjoyed in order.

💭Our Thoughts

"The hero you loved is dead. Consider me your villain instead"
I don't want to say goodbye!!
What a way to wrap up the series!

"A future where there are no heroes. No swans. Just us."
Prepare yourself for this finale!
You are not going to be able to walk away unscathed

“I’m not a protector, little swan. I’m a monster,”
I was so haunted by what was happening, the losses, the betrayals, all the unknowns
I believed like everyone did, in the miracle, the savior

"you don’t lead them, then all this loss will have been for nothing”
They stayed with me long after the final scene
Even when I finally got to the HEA and the series wrapped up
All the secrets were revealed
The losses counted
The echos remained

Some Favorite Moments: edited a bit to keep the surprises a surprise
“I’m not a protector, little swan. I’m a monster,”

“I learned long ago that there is no sense in living my life in constant fear of what might be; it’s better to just embrace what is, instead.”

"This female had been mine to protect and cherish, and I’d hurt that trust. Betrayed her love. Damaged her soul."

“But my former self was weak. That version of me chose a mission over you. Put the world’s fate before your own. I’m not that man anymore. I’m not altruistic. I’m selfish. Arrogant. Possessive."

“I might not be your preferred version, Ismerelda, but I’m the right version. Because you’re not who you used to be either. You’re not a swan anymore, darling. You’re a lioness. A queen. And if you let me, I’ll be your king.”

"The hero you loved is dead. Consider me your villain instead"

“I’m not him,” I said, something I’d already confirmed before. “But he was a fool.”

"you don’t lead them, then all this loss will have been for nothing”

"Because while I may become their king, I will always serve you first, not them.”

"And together, we’ll chase away the pain. Define our future, and give purpose to our past.”

"It’s easier to survive when all you care about is yourself. No pain. No heartache. No potential weakness.”

My Cam was a villain. A dark heart. A predator with a penchant for practicality. He wouldn’t bow. He would slay. For himself. For me. For us. We would survive this. We would persevere. We will move forward.

A future where there are no heroes. No swans. Just us.

Little kudos to myself 😆 I guessed it!


Authors Website➱   https://www.lexicfoss.com/
Blog Post ➱ 


#bloodalliance #cruellybitten #gothic #darkromance #fantasy #paranormal #bookrecommendation #kindle unlimited #lexicfoss

Comments