Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Pine River an Angsty Enemies to Lovers Romance by Tijan

Pine River Pine River by Tijan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

📘Book Info

Pine River was supposed to be a new start for me.
And it was, especially attending school with my three overprotective cousins, who were the triplets at the top of the social hierarchy.
Except they weren’t alone there, and the first day when I came to school, I saw 
him.

Scout Raiden.
Tall. Lean. Tattooed. Mesmerizing.
He was a golden god with dark and piercing eyes, looking like he wanted to eat me up.

The feeling was mutual, and that was a problem.
It was a lust-want-must have-loathing-hate experience all at once. I was 
affected.
And I couldn’t have that. No way.
Not after what I’d just left in Cedra Valley.

I didn’t care how much money his uncle had.
I didn’t care that it seemed every girl wanted him.
I didn’t care about his reputation as an up-and-coming fighter.
Or the promise of how those hands would make me feel.

What I 
did care about was staying as far away from Scout as possible.
Because the promise of his presence, the heat that was going to turn the light back on in my world wasn’t a promise at all.
It was a threat.

I wasn’t going to survive Scout Raiden.


A/N This is a 130k enemies-with-benefits standalone that handles some serious life themes


💭Our Thoughts
This was intense at times - I dislike the term coming of age for this but a lot of the characters are doing just that Facing choices, and making the tough decisions that will shape their future A whole lot of angst going on here while at the same time, there are bonds of friendship that are being created that will last a lifetime I'm babbling, sorry, hard for me to put this one into words that will describe how all-encompassing this read was Once pasts were revealed, jealousies exposed, friendships were formed I was hooked This is packed with such a diverse cast of characters. Even the secondary were such a strong presence in the storyline. The story focuses on Ramsay and Scout Ramsay had no issues defending herself but she also was okay asking for a shoulder when she needed it. Lawd knows she learned the hard way I have always been a fan of strong heroines. Scout has his own past demons riding his shoulders and in the beginning, I wasn't sure how I would feel about him. His "honesty" won me over, lol. That, and I could not ignore the pull between these two. The triplets, I do hope they get their own stories, each delivered a different slice of the personality pie. I couldn't help but love them. So many great characters that I easily fell in love with or wanted to take for a late-night swim... Co and his Sis. Her new bestie. The mean girls. The want to be's. You get the idea A solid read that will leave you emotionally wrecked and with a hellacious book hangover Enjoy!

Authors Website➱ http://www.tijansbooks.com/


#tijan #matureyoungadult #jadedhero #NewAdultRomance  #AlphaHero #Angsty #Athlete #BandofBrothers #Billionaire #Blackmail #Bully #EnemiestoLovers #ForbiddenLove #FoundFamily #AntiHero #GirlSquad #HeroineinDanger #Protector #Redemption #Revenge #bookrecommendation 

Comments