Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Sabotage (Shadows of Fire Book 1) Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sabotage Sabotage by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Info

The world of the Dark-Hunters is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. It’s dark. It’s gritty. It’s dangerous…

And it’s a whole lot of unexpected action and snarky comebacks.

My name is Cyprian Malachai and I should have never been born. I know it. My mother knows it and most of all, my father, the Ambrose Malachai is more than aware of it. Every creature under the sun is out to end me.

But I don’t go down easy. Anyone who’s ever fought a Malachai knows that fact.

My father thinks that he’s heard the last of me . . .

He hasn’t. Our war is only an interlude. It’s about to heat up and I have a massive grudge to settle. One that is far from over . . .

💭Our Thoughts

"Anyone can fight when they're winning. It's finding the courage to stand after life has beaten you down that makes you a hero."

This sort of picks up where the chaos that we were previously drenched in ended.
Despite it being the start of a new series (yeah!!) the author does a solid job of outlining who is who and what has or is happening - The storylines tend to blend together between the series. Anyway
I highly recommend if possible reading the Chronicles of Nick before this. You will not be disappointed.

Back to Sabotage

'The real mettle of a person shows when everything's going wrong and especially when they're suffering."

Nick's future son is hades bent on destroying his father and taking the Malachi powers
He thought he had achieved his goal and was a step closer
However, time manipulation seems to be a bit popular at the moment which leaves him to resort to more underhanded tactics to achieve his goal
As if he can be more callous
He should have known it wouldn't be that easy to harm Nick or his family - No matter what year you do it in

"Never let fear control your actions. It's a horrible master"

So many of my favorite characters are in this new release.
Old friends we thought we lost and some new ones I hope to see more of
Nick is still battling to control his Malachi side but he is learning with the help of his best friends and his future wife who is also his current wife.
Ambrose does make a cameo but he knows if he exposes too much it may change the weave destiny
We get to catch up with Styx and Ash as well as Simi

This was packed with new twists and storyline breadcrumbs
Skeletons were drug out of their closet and exposed providing important puzzle pieces to not only the future but past episodes

If you enjoyed the Chronicles series you will definitely want to grab this one
All the banter - the sarcasm - the action - the betrayals - and naturally Nick's crew of oddballs can be found within
I am excited for the next release in the series
My biggest complaint is it is only 172 pages - I needed more

Authors Website ➱  https://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/


#Sabotage #shadowsoffire #darkhunters #fantasy #action #ya #sherrilynkenyon

Comments