Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Love Like Poison: Corsican Crime Lord a Dark Mafia Romance by Charmaine Pauls

 

Love Like Poison (Corsican Crime Lord #1)Love Like Poison by Charmaine Pauls
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Info

Every year on my birthday, my tormentor returns to claim one of my firsts.

A DARK MAFIA / ARRANGED MARRIAGE ROMANCE

On my sixteenth birthday, a stranger from Corsica shows up at my party. Angelo Russo looks like an angel, but more the kind who decapitates dragons than the kind with soft white wings. He’s dark like the ocean and breathless like water. He says he wants all my firsts as if he already owns them, but my father orders me to stay away from this man.

No matter how hard I try, I can’t escape him. No one can keep me safe. Every year on my birthday, he brings me a gift, each one having a detrimental effect on my life with unimaginable consequences. With every gift he offers, he claims another one of my firsts. Before I know it, he’s taken control of my existence, turning me into a nervous wreck, because when I turn eighteen, I know what first he’ll come for next.

https://youtu.be/jeWLUmVPMXY

💭Our Thoughts

This sets up the stage for their story
Sabella and Angelo's
It introduces the players
The devil's parading in disguise
Those wooed into submission by their lies
This ends with a literal cliffy

Angelo is playing the long game. He knows his patience will result in the ultimate prize. No one goes back on their word to his family.
Sabella is not quite of age but that makes her manipulation that much easier.
However, as the day of celebration approaches his family is dealt a blow that will change the game's landscape forever

Sabella is not your typical princess. She is outspoken, a bit naive, and a whole lot of stubborn. All of this leads her to be easily overlooked when it comes to the opposite sex which has never been an issue
Until him

This is a solid foundation for the start of their story.
It is low steam high tension - so many little things - breadcrumb revelations lay a path for the possible directions this may go.
The mental angst - The ring - The behind the scenes manipulations - The promises that are fulfilled
Each page brought a new twist.
The final scene (don't peek!) though
Completely changed how Angelo is going to play his final hand
And I am a bit frightened for Sabella
She is about to be the target of someone's wrath

I needed the next in this series yesterday!

Authors Website   ➱  https://charmainepauls.com/

#darkromance #darkmafiaromance #contemporary #mafiaromance #needtoread  #angstyromance #sexybooks #steamyromance #indiebook  #bookreccomendation #charmainepauls #kindleunlimted

Comments