Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ The Litter a Action Horror Novel by Kevin R. Doyle

The Litter The Litter by Kevin R. Doyle

Book Info
They kept to the shadows so no one would know they existed, and preyed on the nameless who no one would miss. Where did they come from, and who was protecting them? In a city that had seen every kind of savagery, they were something new, something more than murderous. And one woman who had thought she had lost everything there was to lose in life would soon find that nothing could possibly prepare her for what would come when she entered their world.

💭Our Thoughts
No spoilers!
You genuinely want to go into this blind
There are so many little surprise twists and "holy guacamole" moments
that will keep you on the edge of your seat

The author did a fabulous job of blending mystery and suspense along with a great cast that kept me turning pages from beginning to end. Not to mention battling my inner child from peeking ahead to see who survived and who or maybe what was responsible - I won that battle, but it was hard-fought

The story is told from alternating character perspectives.
The victims. The detectives, some of whom know more than they are sharing. The Pathologist, who is so close to retiring from all those skeletons. Jared, the scoop-sniffing investigating journalist, who I might add is more tenacious than a terrier. Karen, who works at the shelter giving her all to the clients there. I felt at times it was her way of obtaining some peace or a sense of penance.
There are many more players throughout that add little pieces here and there.
I am not sure if being able to see the story from multiple angles aided me or just sent me running amock with misdirection chasing false leads

There were a few times that I felt the story slowed a bit - Probably a good thing as my heart was constantly racing
Well developed cast of characters that I easily connected with. Some I was quick to trust, while others pinged my suspicious radar.
Turned out I wasn't always a great judge of character.
Overall a great read that will keep you engaged, on edge, and guessing till the end

Authors Website ➱  https://kevindoylefiction.com/


#thelitter #horror #action #thriller #sciencefiction #kevinrdoyle #tourgiveaway #koboplus

Comments