Skip to main content

🌊 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐭 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 ➜ Rogue Wave (Cupid Meets Crime Scene Book 3) A Steamy Small Town Age Gap STEM Romance by author Allison Bettes releases Oct. 1st

 

ROGUE WAVE by Allison Bettes — Age Gap Grumpy Sunshine Sheriff Small Town Romantic Suspense | Excerpt Reveal
Rogue Wave by Allison Bettes - Age Gap Grumpy Sunshine Sheriff Small Town Romantic Suspense book cover
Excerpt Reveal
ROGUE WAVE
by Allison Bettes
Series: Cupid Meets Crime Scene #3
Release Date: October 1, 2026
Genre: Small Town Romantic Suspense
Tropes: Age Gap, Grumpy/Sunshine, neighbors, small town, sheriff MMC, opposites attract, STEMinist FMC (marine biologist), fall vibes
Synopsis

The last thing Hazel expected to find after the storm was evidence of a crime. The second-to-last was feelings for the grumpy sunshine next door.

Marine biologist Hazel O'Hara has a gift for being in the wrong place at the right time. When a coastal storm uncovers something that was meant to stay buried, she finds herself tangled in mystery and danger – and increasingly tangled with Hank McAllister, the divorced, decade-older, infuriatingly hot sheriff next door. It's an age gap romance she never saw coming, and he refuses to admit it's happening.

Except he keeps showing up.

Hank tells himself it's professional. Someone has to keep this woman alive. But proximity is a dangerous thing, and Hazel has a way of getting under his skin that no amount of gruff dismissal seems to fix.

The danger is real. The tension is worse. And the slow burn between them is the most stubborn thing about either of them.

Some waves you don't see coming until they knock you under.

Rogue Wave promo graphic
Add to Goodreads Want to Read Shelf
Excerpt

"Alright, hurricane, slow down."

Her head jerked back. "What did you call me?"

"Hurricane."

Her brows furrowed. "Why?"

"Never mind. Talk to me about—,"

"Why?" she repeated.

I sighed long and loud because she clearly wasn't going to let this go. "Because you have the insane ability to storm right in and cause chaos in your wake."

Her arms crossed at her chest, lifting up her gorgeous tits for an even better view. "That sounds like a bad thing. Got any other choices?"

Were we really sitting here debating the merits of the nickname I'd given her?

"How about rogue wave?" I offered, feeling a stupid need to make her nickname something she liked, even though I'd likely never use it.

She tilted her head as if to think about it but seconds later shook her head. "No, that's lame."

I couldn't help the sharp chuckle that left my lips. This woman was something else.

"You're a pain in my ass, do you know that?" I told her, shaking my head.

"I'm pretty sure the daily grimace on your face and the plethora of tickets you give me reminds me of that very fact every day." The sass and brass balls on this woman never ceased to amaze me.

"Why do you not even sound remotely bothered by that?"

"We all need to be good at something," she replied, shrugging.

Reserve Your Copy
Preorder on Amazon (Kindle)
Rogue Wave promo graphic
ARC Giveaway
Enter the Giveaway
Other Books Within the Series
Read on Amazon Kindle & Kindle Unlimited
About the Author

I'm an American romantic suspense author. I write about soft-hearted bada**es with brave, sassy women at their side—and I love creating a good plot twist. I'm a meteorologist/science writer by day, and a cupid-meets-crime-scene novel writer by night.

My journey into the world of romance and suspense started when my grandma handed me her well-worn copies of Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts novels—I was hooked.

During Covid times, with time on my hands and a need for catharsis, I dove into writing my own romantic suspense novels. Fast forward several years and half a dozen novels later—I'm sharing my stories with the world, hoping to bring a smile to someone's face. My books are a thrilling blend of spicy romance, adventure, and suspense -- think Cupid Meets Crime Scene.

Connect with Allison Bettes

Website: https://allisonbettes.com/

Newsletter: https://geni.us/uqu9

Facebook: https://geni.us/PTa9jX

Goodreads: https://geni.us/iknRSCG

Instagram: https://geni.us/GnuVE2

TikTok: https://geni.us/yrA82

Pinterest: https://geni.us/Ueuv

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3RBAEMh

BookBub: https://geni.us/AGbayb

Foreword PR & Marketing
Promotion support provided by Foreword PR & Marketing for Romance Authors, specializing in reader-focused book launches and long-term author visibility.
#RogueWave #AllisonBettes #ExcerptReveal #AgeGapRomance #GrumpySunshine #SheriffRomance #SmallTownRomance @forewordpr

Comments