IN ANOTHER LIFETIME by Swati M.H. — Age Gap Professor Student Soulmates Multicultural Romance | Alternate Cover & Excerpt Reveal
|
|
Alternate Cover & Excerpt Reveal
|
|
IN ANOTHER LIFETIME
|
|
by Swati M.H.
|
|
|
Release Date: October 13, 2026
Genre: Multicultural Romance
Tropes: Age gap, professor/student, second chance at love, grumpy/sunshine, soulmates/fated love, emotional slow burn, jealous/possessive hero, angst/longing, dual timelines
|
|
|
|
Synopsis
|
|
If I ever believed in soulmates, or fate, or the idea that two people are destined to find each other, I buried that belief twenty years ago, along with everything else I lost that year.
Since then, I've built my life around certainty and routine.
Boundaries and distance.
The quiet knowledge that guilt and grief will always be my companions.
But then she walks into my lecture hall, twenty years old, my student, looking at me like she already knows me.
Like she's been waiting her whole life to find me.
Every instinct tells me to keep my distance.
She's too young. Too outspoken. Too distracting.
Instead, my eyes linger a little longer. My hands itch to touch what they never should. My excuses to stay away continue to lead me back to her.
It's not just her impossible eyes that undo me. It's the impossible coincidences I can't explain away.
It's the unsettling feeling that I should know her, too.
Wanting her could cost us everything—my career, her future, and the little semblance of control I've managed to piece back together.
But walking away from the woman who feels like she's always been mine . . .?
That's the kind of loss I wouldn't survive again.
|
|
|
|
Add to Goodreads Want to Read Shelf
|
|
|
Excerpt
|
|
"Thank you for coming in." I mindlessly move papers around my desk. "If you'd like to rework your paper, I'll give you an extension until midnight tonight."
The distinct color of her irises flare. "But that paper took me two entire nights to write. I can't redo it all today."
I stay focused on my papers. "Then I highly recommend you forgo any social outings, like coffee with guys you've just met. I'm sure the time will clear up for you."
A gasp leaves her lips. "That's why you called me here? Because of Russell?"
"I called you here because of your lackluster paper."
Hurt mixed with indignation flits across her face, but I don't look at it long enough to show that I care, keeping my expression neutral.
"No worries," she says after a beat. "I'll get the paper turned in by midnight. But just so we're clear, Professor"—her chin lifts—"as long as my papers are good, who I go to coffee with doesn't concern you, right?"
"Correct."
I meet her eyes as silence stretches between us, thick and charged.
"Good," she says softly, traipsing toward my office door, her long hair swaying against her back.
But somehow that single word feels less like an agreement and more like a challenge.
|
|
|
Reserve Your Copy
|
|
Preorder on Amazon (Kindle)
|
|
|
|
ARC Giveaway
|
|
Enter the Giveaway
|
|
|
About the Author
|
|
Swati writes stories full of humor, heart, and heartbreak. She lives in the Bay Area with her incredibly patient husband, two beautiful daughters, and her pitbull, Sadie Sapphire. Her days start with caffeine and sometimes end with a glass (or three) of wine.
Swati is a Texas raised Indian American living in the Bay Area. With a degree in Computer Science from the University of Texas and an MBA, she's had a successful career building software products but reading and writing are her passion.
Her favorite part of writing is spending time with her characters, understanding their emotions, backgrounds, and what makes them tick. She loves weaving emotion and angst into her stories, hoping to take her readers into a deeper journey that leads to a hard-fought happily-ever-after.
When she's not writing or hanging out in her Facebook group, she's spending time with her family, cooking, traveling, or watching a good binge-worthy show. Some of her favorites are Outlander, Game of Thrones, and Bridgerton. She also loves anything Marvel.
|
|
|
|
Connect with Swati M.H.
|
|
Website: http://www.swatimh.com/
Newsletter: https://geni.us/AyaZ2Q
Facebook: https://geni.us/qObw3
Reader Group: https://geni.us/lGot
Goodreads: https://geni.us/D0asATM
Instagram: https://geni.us/GzNCvm
TikTok: https://geni.us/B0Th4P
Amazon: https://amzn.to/4r35dIy
BookBub: https://geni.us/XvXf
|
|
|
|
Promotion support provided by Foreword PR & Marketing for Romance Authors, specializing in reader-focused book launches and long-term author visibility.
|
|
📚Age gap
📚Professor / student
📚Grumpy / sunshine
📚Soulmates / fated love
📚Jealous & possessive hero
📚Angst & longing
📚Dual timelines
#InAnotherLifetime #SwatiMH #AgeGapRomance #ProfessorStudentRomance #SecondChanceRomance #SlowBurnRomance #ForewordPR
Comments
Post a Comment