Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Muerte (Stygian Isles #1) Dark Romantic Horror by Natalie Bennett

Muerte Muerte by Natalie Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


📘Book Info
Devil's Mistress.
Evil's whore.

Kidnapped. Abducted.

I’ve been taken away to a private island that’s home to the rich and elite.

Something sinister and perverse lurks just beneath the opulence.

It watches every breath I take and notes each move I make, ensuring that the purpose in which I’m here is never forgotten.

There’s a hierarchy amongst the natives and I am now the exclusive possession of ‘Diabolus’, a gorgeous man that is esteemed as the devil.

His wishes are simple to understand, but obediently giving in to his demands goes against every ounce of human decency and morality I possess.

As we spiral down a path of depravity that leads to the darkest depths of hell, I must decide how I want this to end.

Captor and captive.
Life or death.

Do I become what he needs, or do I risk it all just to die by his hand?

Author Note:
Stygian Isles is a romantic horror series that contains various dark themes. Reader discretion is highly advised. A CW can be found on the author's website as well as the author's note inside. Each book following the main duology is a standalone with a different couple.

💭Our Thoughts
I felt like I was experiencing everything as though I was a captive along with Lolita
Only getting the corner and edge pieces of the puzzle
Unsure and slightly apprehensive of what was hiding just out of sight
I love that in a horror read - the edge-of-your-seat suspense and tension
The anxiety of not knowing

"He was a dark angel, emerging into a swath of daylight. "

Lolita has just been plucked from her reality and finds herself the prize in a bizarre and twisted world where one man, Diabolus, rules all
Including her

" relationship. What a delusion of normalcy that had been warped and twisted"
Hawthorne is so casual about what he is doing. There were times I questioned my reactions
He is the anointed one, the supreme deity, so why would he question anything?
I am so torn on whether he believes this or is just a manipulative baaaa

There are so many little clues that are just passed around willy-nilly you have to pay attention
Like why she was chosen. How the island worked. How the cult operates. Her fate.
A couple of my guesses were verified towards the end by our esteemed leader and others I collected and added to the pile of puzzle pieces
I have questions and I have multiple hypotheses
I need the next book to get some answers

This is one of those reads that will hit for some and miss for others
It was a hit for me - I read this in one sitting
Each page a little darker dragging me in a little deeper
It has the cult mentality, d/cnc, kidna[pping, scenes of crimson splatter, and much more
It does have some darker elements but I think the real show is yet to come


Authors Website➱  https://www.nbennett.net/
Blog Post ➱ https://awonderfulworldofwordsa.blogspot.com/2024/02/muerte-stygian-isles-1-dark-romantic.html

#Muerte #StygianIsles #NatalieBennettAuthor #Horror #AgeGap #Captive #Occult #SlowBurn #EnemiesToLovers 

Comments