Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Breaking Hailey (Shadows of Obsession Book 1) Dark Mafia Romantic Suspense by I. A. Dice

Breaking Hailey Breaking Hailey by I.A. Dice
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

📘Book Info
HAILEY

One evening, two years’ worth of memories lost.
Under the pretense of recovery, my father sends me to an elite boarding college, but soon, my memories start rushing back, and it’s obvious I’m not at Lakeside to heal.
I’m here to hide.
Navigating the scattered past to decipher the threat lurking in the shadows is hard while I’m kept in the dark and even harder when he steals my focus. Crude, arrogant, and threatening, he draws me in, and the closer I get, the less I understand.
Waking up without memories is terrifying, but remembering the time I lost is infinitely worse.

CARTER
Guilty by association, Hailey Scarlett Vaughn deserves pain.
The moment I see her, I want to wrap my fingers around her neck and squeeze...
No matter how big the temptation, I need to extract a key hidden in the depths of her mind first.
A key to my father’s freedom.
Hailey’s a pawn in a complex game of revenge. A tool in my hands, but as she starts to remember, I realize we’re both tangled in an intricate web of lies that tightens every day.

The harder I push to break her, the faster she breaks me.

💭Our Thoughts
"All of it lies."

I read this as if my life depended on it -
Edge of my seat
Inhaling the possibilities
Trying to piece together the clues
before it was too late
This ends with a "You messed up, but so did you" to be continued

The author did a superb job of balancing the romance with the suspense and mystery.
Was it perfect - no, it had a few cracks here and there
Not enough to tarnish the beauty
Very little of the drag-it-out wishy-washy, do I or don't I waste time scenes.
Which I greatly appreciated.

Carter knew something was off when he met Hailey,
and as the days progressed the tale he was told was not holding water
Hailey was broken before she met Carter she was supposedly here to heal.
Supposedly safe
Supposedly protected

"All of it lies."

I don't want to spoil anything so I am trying to be careful how I word this
There is so much more to Hailey's accident than what she was told
Little bits and pieces are revealed as she regains her memory
However, she is having trouble making sense of them
They do not fit with her father's narrative

Pay attention to the little things.
I highly recommend this for those who enjoy romantic suspense
There is a bit of crimson and some bullying
It is part of a series so it does NOT conclude with this book.

Authors Website➱  http://www.iadice.com/

#breakinghailey #iadice #DarkRomance #RomanticSuspense #ContemporaryRomance #MafiaRomance #SlowBurn #Amnesia #Angsty #OntheRun #TragicPast #EnemiestoLovers #bookrecommendation 

Comments