Skip to main content

Book Review: Try Me: A small-town, opposites-attract, enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy by Tawna Fenske

Try Me Try Me by Tawna Fenske
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb
If money talks, it’s telling me to steer clear of Cassidy Brooks.
Too bad my heart’s got the sense of a jellyfish.
The rest of me knows I’m reckless craving a woman wrapped up with wealthy outsiders.
Rich pricks like Cassidy’s boss, slapping glitzy mansions on the old gravel pit they’ve dubbed “Luxury, lakefront Oregon Coast land.”
Land that’s been in my family for decades, but not now. Not anymore.
Blame my shady uncle and a cast of cash-flush, toxic ass-crabs for that.
I want to blame Cassidy, but really? I just want her .
Cassidy and her smart mouth and sunshine eyes and rich lady shoes that make her legs look––
No. Not going there. It’s all I can do to keep my fishing fleet afloat while watching over a boatload of wild brothers and one bossy sister.
And Cassidy’s got her own troubles. A sick sister and a mom with chronic bad taste in men.
We should keep our distance, right?
But this town’s so small we’re crossing paths over sexy trivia night, hermit crab hijinks, and a wardrobe malfunction that lands me up close and clumsily personal with Cassidy’s mom.
I just want my town back. My family’s land.
Land Cassidy’s crew has their eye on.
There’s no way this ends well.
So why can’t we keep our hands off each other?
One-click this laugh-out-loud, enemies-to-lovers rom-com about a small-town fisherman who can’t resist the woman whose wealthy world he blames for his family’s downfall.

Our Thoughts

"Wanna walk my plank?"

Try Me by Tawna Fenske is a small-town, opposites-attract, enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy that will have you laughing, crying, and swooning.

The story follows Cassidy Brooks, a successful assistant to a wealthy couple, who moved to Cherry Blossom, Oregon, with her family.
And Jake Spencer-King, a local fisherman who owns a bait shop and is determined to protect his town from the wealthy outsiders who are buying up all the land -
Land that should have belonged to his family
And yes those wealthy outsiders would be Cassidy's employers

When Cassidy and Jake meet, they clash immediately. They're from different worlds, and they don't see eye to eye on anything. But as they spend more time together, they start to see each other in a new light. They realize that they have more in common than they thought

These two!!
Yeah I'm still riding that HEA high
This is the first story for the Spencer-King siblings
Jake and Cassidy's romance

I had so much fun with the siblings
Jake's family and Cassidy's mom and sister

This story has it all :
A solid running back story for the series
Humor
Family
More humor
Some light angst
Small town vibes
A very relatable loveable and loathable cast
Steamy Smexy Sweet as sugar romance
Pirates
And the cutest of HEAs

I highly recommend

Authors Website

 #tawnafenske #trymebytawnafenske #cherryblossomromcoms #tawnafenskebooks #tawnafenskemakesmelaugh #smalltownromance #enemiestolovers #opppsitesattract  #romanticcomedy #indieauthor #newseries #romcomromancereads 

Comments