Skip to main content

Book Review: Monsters Burning Bright: Urban Fantasy Monster Romance by Cari Silverwood

Monsters Burning Bright Monsters Burning Bright by Cari Silverwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb
The Love of my Life is dying.

Though Val wears the body of the Nightmare King, the creature who violated me, I will not let him die.

Bloodied and bruised, I enter the halfway realm, and I drag him from the Gates of Hell, or maybe Heaven.

Yet my actions have drastic consequences. Gods, demons, a creature called Death, and even a minotaur, all want a piece of Val. Being possessed by them seems the only way to keep him powered up and alive.

To stop the Nightmare King, Val and I have joined a haphazardly formed company of soldiers, CIA, immortals and Stitched warriors.

But there is a problem I did not foresee.
There are side effects to being possessed…

Val has something inside him, and I’m afraid of what it might be.

Can I save my love again? And is it safe to go near him?

For full content warnings go to carisilverwood dot net.

Our Thoughts

"So much for sensible self-preservation. We were all idiots."

Monsters Burning Bright is the third book in the Kings of Sorrows and Dreams series, and it is a wild ride from start to finish.

Zara and Val race to stop the Nightmare King from destroying the world. Along the way, they must team up with Harrow's group ( We met them in book one) along with some other not-so-savory characters if they wish to succeed

As you expect from the queen of monster erotica, this story takes us through scenes that are absolutely void of light and then bounces us back into the sunshine while our head is still spinning.

One of the things I enjoyed about this series was the way Silverwood melds humor, suspense, horror, and romance to bring forth an entertaining and engaging read
I have no idea how she does it. There were times I felt guilty for "enjoying the moment"

I am not giving the story away but we do concentrate a lot on Val and the things coming and going within him - gotta love them

Highly recommend it for those who enjoy monster erotica
This has a bit of everything:
A solid series plot line that makes sense - I like my squelchy moments but I also like a real storyline.
Suspense and Action mixed in with the dark tentacle and monster thingies.
An utterly diverse cast of characters - that truly are characters
Surprise twists that you don't see come but make sense

A little heads up this may not be your cuppa if you do not enjoy swimming in the darker end of the genre. This is packed with triggery moments that might not be suitable for all


Author Website 



#monstersburningbright #urbanfantasy #darkromance #monsterromance #tentacles #noncon  #kingssorrowsdreams #carisilverwood #bookreview #kindleunlimited 

Comments