Skip to main content

Book Review: Moonlight and the Monarch an MM Fantasy Romance by Evelynn Carver

Moonlight and the Monarch Moonlight and the Monarch by Evelynn Carver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"I might as well have! through my actions or maybe my inaction."

This picks up right where we left off and it ends with even darker twisties and bendies

When we last saw Val and Brand a dark truth was exposed and sweet Val was betrayed
Or quite possibly both Brand and Val were betrayed
Either/Or I am soooo no telling

This did get a bit darker than book one
So many new revelations, and about faces -
I was flipping pages trying to see what happened next
How so and so got out of a situation,
or to see the end result of someone's recent scheming
I was constantly battling my inner child from peeking ahead

Brand's sperm donor - That man has some real issues
He possibly might have more evil in him than Val's Mom
Though that is still up for debate
Because the sisters are coming up fast on the inside
The sisters all have some pretty dark secrets and not all are who they pretend to be

I am so not spoiling the surprises that occur in book two
Surprises that will have you clutching your pearls or pulling your hair right up until the final pages
This was packed with
Action
Betrayal
Evil beasties and some monsters too
Plotting and Scheming
All kinds of OMG revelations

Pay close attention to those you trust
Look beyond the surface to what lies beneath
Never and I do mean never look away
And remember everyone is your enemy

Oh yeah this ends on not really a cliffy more a "wholly cannelloni you have got to be kidding me" moment(s) as in more than two because nothing is easy for Val and Brand


#mmromance #queerromance #romancebooks #fantasybooks #romancefantasy #romantasy #bookstagram #faro #queerreads #LGBTQbooks #LGBTQromance

Comments