Skip to main content

Nocticadia A dark, atmospheric tale of deadly secrets and forbidden love by Keri Lake ➱ Book Review

Nocticadia Nocticadia by Keri Lake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A dark, atmospheric tale of deadly secrets and forbidden love.


Mortui vivos docent.
The dead teach the living.

After watching my mother succumb to a mysterious illness, I promised myself two things. I’d find the cure for what ravaged her. And leave the godforsaken city where she abandoned me.

Four years later, I receive an acceptance letter from Dracadia University, one of the oldest, most prestigious schools in the country. Nestled on a secluded island off the coast of Maine, it’s rumored to be haunted by the souls of the mental patients exiled there centuries before. Those whose bones are said to make up the island’s white sandy shores.

And restless ghosts aren’t even its most daunting peculiarity.

Devryck Bramwell, known on campus as Doctor Death, is a brilliant pathologist in charge of the midnight lab. He’s also my devastatingly handsome professor, who seems to loathe tenacious first-years, like me. Except, his dark and enigmatic gaze tells me all the ways he’d devour me if given the chance, and his stolen kisses burn my lips with forbidden jealousy.

I crave his authority.
He aches for redemption.
Together, we’re toxic. Delicious fodder for the prying eyes hellbent on exhuming the rotted skeletons of our pasts.

For the dead have much to teach, and it’s only a matter of time before Dracadia’s most depraved secret is resurrected.

Nocticadia is a standalone dark academia gothic romance.

OUR THOUGHTS

Take your time - You don't want to miss the little things
It will come back to haunt you

Be prepared for multiple book hangovers -
this is a full-length novel that will entice you to read in one go

Check your environment before reading -
Is it safe for out-loud gasps of shock or laughter?
Verbal shouts of anger and/or disbelief?
Will your reading device survive if it is suddenly flung with vigor in response to your emotions - trust me you will feel very strongly at times
If you answered yes to all the above then strap in and hold on tight this is one wild ride!

Nocticadia by Keri Lake is a dark gothic romance novel that follows the story of Lilia Vespertine. After submitting a "fictional" paper Lila soon finds herself with the opportunity of a lifetime. To attend Dracadia University. Her dream of finding out what so horridly took her mother's life is now even closer to her grasp.

Lilia finds herself drawn to Dracadia's dark and mysterious history as well as to Dr. Devryck Bramwell, or Dr. Death to his students.
However, there is some truth to the saying "Curiosity killed the cat"
Soon she finds herself embroiled in a dangerous web of secrets, lies, and forbidden love.

Lake did an excellent job of creating a dark and suspenseful world with complex and well-developed characters. Just when I thought I had the pieces in place I found myself back at square one.
The story was full of twists and turns that kept me hooked from beginning to end.
The romance between Lilia and Devryck was passionate with a flavor of the forbidden.

This is a Dark, Crimson Speckled, High Heat, Twisty Turny, Gothic Supsenful OMG NO Romance with a whole lot of moments that might be triggery for some


Purchase Links

Authors Website


#darkromance #gothic #slowburn #angsty #professorstudent #slowburn #agegap #kerilake 

Comments