🪐 Book Tour & Giveaway ➱ Codex of the Cosmari: Volume 1: From the Depths of the Stars (Codex of the Cosmari: The Unbinding of Shoar) LGBTQ+ Science Fiction by C.D. Clark
FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE STARS
by C.D. Clark
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GENRE: Queer Adult SciFi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BLURB:
Jordan Blue works to survive on the oppressive, corporate colony world, Shoar. A random, near-fatal encounter puts her in the company of Kuvett, a space faring creature of the stars. While Jordan tries to figure out the inscrutable Cosmari, Kuvett sneaks about the dilapidated Outskirts to find out just what happened to the planet, what secrets the impenetrable Meritopolis hides, and why it is there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EXCERPT
“Cari. Cari. Cari,” Jordan cried into her device. “It’s horrible. Awful. We’re all going to die!” She was used to thinking about her own end, but in a bed, surrounded by what few loved ones she had. Not in a planet-destroying-inferno-from-a-giant-space-mermaid sort of way. There was a significant difference.
“Calm yourself,” Caribou typed in the text field. While her capacity for vocalized speech was limited, texting worked wonders. “From the beginning, start. Your words, use.”
“Okay, okay, okay.” Jordan sniffed the gunk from her nose and into her sinuses. “Okay, so, a month or so ago, I was at home.”
“Yes.”
“And I stood on the balcony of my apartment and you warned me not to do it, but I did it anyway, and, and.” She took a breath to get past the mental block. “It collapsed on me and I fell over and into a flash flood.”
“Recall, I do. Warn you it would collapse, I did.”
“I know! I should have listened! Anyway, I thought I was going to drown, but then I found myself on the beach, alive, because I was saved by a Cosmari!”
“A Cosmari?!”
“Yes, a Cosmari.”
There was a real pause that made Jordan regret that message.
“Something unusual is happening, I felt.”
“What do you mean?”
“Your strand of causality, shifted it has. Intertwined with someone else’s, it has become.”
“Oh, that’s your vision thing, isn’t it?”
“Yes, my ‘thing’. Explain about the Messengers, I tried. Declined, you did. Primordial angels, you say, too much, it was.”
Jordan slapped her free hand over her forehead. “I was wrong. I was so wrong.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
From his youngest days, C.D. Clark has always loved stories and the worlds they could take him to. His writing career began with original, fan-based fiction which led to his passion for writing. Over the past twenty-five years, C.D. Clark has developed his craft, all the while celebrating his successes and reveling in any spectacular failures, using them as learning experiences. Ever eager to learn, he continues leaping towards the future while creating fantastic new worlds and passing along poignant messages through his books.
Twitter: @CDClarkNovelist
Mastodon: @CDClarkNovelist
Twitch: twitch.tv/bass_prefect
Email: CDClarknovelist@gmail.com
Linktree: https://linktr.ee/cdclarknovelist
Website: https://www.cdclarknovelist.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVEAWAY
C.D.Clark will be awarding a digital copy of the book to a randomly drawn winner.



Comments
Post a Comment