Looking for New Releases? Cover Reveals? The latest Book News? How about Author Giveaways and Promotions? Want to find it all in one place? Travel with me as I journey through A Wonderful World of Words - Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance and more
Search This Blog
Series Tour with New Release & Author Interview ☞ Bonded by Love (3 book series) MMF, MMM Romances by author Gabbi Grey
SERIES TOUR with NEW RELEASE
Bonded by Love Series 1 - 3 by Gabbi Grey
The books should be read in order.
Books 1 & 2 are the same throuple (MMF) while book 3 is a new triad (MMM).
Book 3 can be read as a standalone.
Overall Heat Rating for the series: 5 flames
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
BOOK DETAILS
BOOK 1
Book Title: Caressa’s Homecoming
Cover Artist: Diana Carlisle
Length: 280 pages
Release Date: January 22, 2024
Pairing: MMF
Tense/POV: first person/past tense/alternating POV
Friends in childhood, friends as adults, friends in the bedroom.
Blurb
Nurse Caressa Klein returns home to a quieter life in Vancouver, Canada, after five grueling years of working with patients in Africa. She’s ready to settle back into her relationship with her two best friends.
Engineer Michael Dubois has been in love with his best friend since the day she announced her departure overseas. He’s glad she’s back—now he wants to hold on to her forever.
Actor Cole Hamilton is also in love with his best friend. Or rather, both of them. They supported each other through harrowing childhoods. Cole wants to bring Caressa and Michael into his life and, more importantly, into his bed.
Can they move from friends to a throuple, or is their relationship destined to fail?
BOOK 2
Book Title: Cole’s Reckoning
Cover Artist: Diana Carlisle
Length: 312 pages
Release Date: July 15, 2024
Pairing: MMF
Tense/POV: first person past tense alternating POV
Three inseparable friends – now three insatiable lovers?
Blurb
Actor Cole Hamilton has finally convinced the two people he loves most in the world, Caressa Klein and Michael Dubois, to move in, join him in a throuple relationship, and set his bed on fire. But he fears his secrets—his real self—will drive them away.
Michael is stressed by his latest engineering project, but his two best friends turned hot lovers worry him more. Cole is too reckless, and Caressa keeps him guessing.
Caressa adores her two sexy men, but her past and tragedies in her nursing profession haunt her.
Can their love and friendship survive secrecy and the reopening of old wounds?
BOOK 3 - NEW RELEASE
Book Title: Donovan’s Men
Cover Artist: Lisa Dawn McDonald
Length: 312 pages
Release Date: August 3, 2026
Pairing: MMM
Tense/POV: first person past tense alternating POV.
Police Officer Tyson McGillvary, newly divorced, is not looking for love—with anyone.
Psychologist Hamish McAllister helps patients deal with workplace violence. He’s never been in a relationship—with anyone.
Stunt coordinator Donovan Riggs, working in Vancouver, Canada, on a popular television show, isn’t looking for permanent. He enjoys relationships—with everyone.
When a tragedy thrusts all three men together, the attraction is instantaneous. While professional ethics keep Tyson and Hamish at a distance, Donovan connives to bring both men to his bed—together. As he loses his heart, can he convince them to break the rules, or at the end of the day, will they all go their separate ways?
Excerpt from Donovan’s Men
Donovan
“Is that toxic sludge?” Cole looked dubious.
I gave them my patented mock glare, mildly offended he would say that while drinking bitter, black coffee. “How you two stay healthy drinking that shit is beyond me. This is a spinach protein shake with probiotics and—”
“I’ll have you know this isn’t shit.” Cole held up what I knew to be his standard coffee. Then he pointed to what I safely assumed was Julie’s typical sugar caffeine bomb. “That’s shit.”
She nudged him.
I snickered. I loved the banter between these two. Their ease with each other meant that when I worked them hard, they could take it and dish it back. As stunt coordinator for the show, I worked intimately with them, honing their fighting skills and teaching them how to give the best shot while performing some pretty neat maneuvers. We used professional stunt doubles for the toughest stuff, but Julie and Cole insisted on doing as much as they could themselves.
Cole and I had come up through theater school together, but while I’d pivoted to stunts, he’d taken the acting track. As a tall, gorgeous man with midnight-black hair that brushed his shoulders and dark-blue eyes that smoldered, he had women—and men—fawning all over him.
Julie, while a foot shorter, held her own. Her long white-blonde hair was her signature trait while her jade-green eyes spoke of mystery and intrigue. The former gymnast cut quite a wallop in a tiny package.
After taking a sip, Cole turned to me. “Hey, and what was with kissing Michael?” Cole tried to replicate my mock glare but failed miserably. He was clearly more curious than annoyed about why I’d kissed his amour at the gala on Saturday night.
“Just a peck.” I ribbed him. “Don’t worry, I’m not poaching.” Cole’d been busy with his girlfriend, Caressa. Their attendance at the gala had tongues wagging in Vancouver—and around the world—if the entertainment shows were any indication. Cole was one of the sexiest actors on the planet, and his being taken caused ripples.
I’d happily brought along the third member of their triad. Michael was pretty new to the whole bisexual thing, as well as the ménage thing, but Cole had wanted him there to see things were on the up and up. And not to let the man feel left out. Michael and I had gone…well, not on a date. More as friends and supporters of Cole as well as Julie and actor Elouise Hynes.
Julie watched Cole intently. “Are you planning to come out as a threesome? You know how insane that thought is, right?”
I eagerly awaited his answer as, in my peripheral vision, I caught sight of our caterer and first aid attendant, Meggibeth, approaching us. Cole held up his cup in salute—obviously to thank her for the great coffee.
In that instant, I realized she’d pulled a gun from her pocket.
Several things happened simultaneously.
Cole dropped his coffee. The cup hit the ground, and the brown liquid spilled onto the roadway where we stood.
I dropped my spinach shake, and the bottle bounced but didn’t break.
Meggibeth pulled the trigger.
Author Interview
Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a middle-aged woman who is obsessed with creating worlds, characters, and stories I wish I could be part of. I’m an aunt to a pile of wonderful nieces and nephews. I’m a dog mom to two senior rescue dogs (I rescued Ally when she was just a puppy and Finnegan when he was 10 – they are now 11 and 13). I work a demanding job (on my brain, anyway), and I write in every spare moment I have. I’ve never been happier.
How long have you been writing and what made you fall in love with writing?
Even in grade school, I wrote. Poems until grade eight, when I tackled my first romance – only I didn’t know what romance was at the time. I fiddled with more poetry and short stories in high school, but it wasn’t until I took a creative writing course in my last year of university that I really discovered writing as a passion. I never finished that novel (it is pretty bad), but I began several others in the years that followed. I dabbled until 2012, when I turned 39, and said to myself, ‘if not now, then when’? I wrote my first full novel that year – MF. 126k words. Written by hand, in pieces, on scrap paper. Later put together on a computer and given to friends to read. The following year I wrote the next book that I sent to a publisher. While I waited to hear back, I wrote the next book, the next book, the next book…I just kept writing. Somewhere in there, I received a rejection from that publisher. Eventually, I hired a freelance editor who taught me how to polish books (my grammar’s pretty bad). Then, I found a small press willing to give me a shot. Next I wrote Ginger Snapping All the Way, and I knew that book was mine, and I self-published it. Writing continuously for years has made me fall in love with writing.
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
When I initially started writing, I wanted to finish a book. I accomplished that. Then I wanted to be published. I can check that box as well. Then I wanted to self-publish to figure out that process. Yep. Next, I wanted to get into the hands of readers. Well on my way to that. My final dream is to be published by one of the big 5 publishers. Still working on that. But I have time…
What’s your favorite part of writing?
The community. I know it sounds weird – I write in a room of my own. But for me, it takes a village to publish a book. I have the friend who helps me organize my plots. I have the mentor who vetoes certain ideas, brutal beta reads my books, and encourages me when I get frustrated. I have the editor who taught me everything I know about writing. She’s the reason I ever got published in the first place. I have my proofreader who finds many of the tricky little things and tells me how much she loves my stories. I have my publicity assistant who helps me stay on track. I have my day job boss who tells me how proud she is of me every time I hit publish. Then I have the readers, other writers, and support people who remind me why I do this. So, for me, this is as far from a solo sport as I can get.
What does your writing process look like?
Great question! I usually start by knowing the book I have to write. Am I writing for my own series? For instance, Caressa’s Homecoming, Cole’s Reckoning, and Donovan’s Men are all part of my unorganized Vancouver Film World series. I started with Catch a Tiger by the Tail and just kept going. But some of the books are with my publisher and some are self-published, so there’s no cohesive series. For my Love in Mission City series, it’s more defined, and you can go to Amazon to find the main big books as well as all the ancillary short stories, novellas, novels, and boxsets. Beyond that, I do many, many, many group projects. Because 2024 was the year of hell, yes. I said ‘yes’ to everything I was offered. Turns out 2025 and 2026 are much the same way. So, for instance, I know I’m writing a book for Road to Rocktoberfest 2026. Now, I accidentally seeded this year’s book in last year’s book. At least I know who one of my MCs is, and that he’s been secretive. Then, this year, I had to figure out why he’s secretive. Okay, I have that and my second MC. But I needed more. I have a friend I refer to as the Plot Whisperer. I take her my ideas, we spitball back and forth, and I wind up with a plot. We did that for this upcoming book, and I really like the result. So I guess my process is to start with character and work my way through the plot…I think…
When/where is your favorite time/place to write?
Well, early morning and at my desk. I’ve been, since COVID, waking up progressively earlier and earlier. You’ll think I’m loopy…but I’m up at 2am (I go to bed at 7pm – I’ve never been a night owl). So I’m up at 2am. I feed the very demanding dogs (both senior rescues). I get dressed, and then we all go for a morning walk. Once both of them are done everything, I come home and make myself breakfast. I read emails and check websites as I eat, and then it’s down to writing. I usually get 3 hours before I start work. I’m lucky that I work from home, so it’s literally just swapping one laptop for another. At night, I do marketing, prep blog posts, update backmatter, and cuddle with the dogs. Note – they are not neglected. I am literally three feet from them all day. Weekends are 12 – 14 hours at the desk writing. Well, and occasionally visiting family and friends. Mostly writing. I’ve never been happier.
Why did you choose to write LGBT romance/fiction?
I would say that queer fiction found me. I’d read a few books by Ava March, but when I hired a freelance editor, she pointed me to Tara Lain and Kaje Harper as authors to study. Since both writers had audiobooks, I grabbed those. Kaje’s Into Deep Waters blew my mind. This historical MM romance is about two sailors in WWII. Tara’s Love in Laguna series wormed its way into my heart. Now, I’ve been writing gay romances for six years, and my books are not quite near the quality of those books – but Kaje and Tara have given me something to aspire to.
Do you write any other genre?
Yes! I got my start writing MF small-town, mid-heat, mid-angst novels. I’ve published the first four under the penname Gabbi Powell. The series is Love in Cedar Valley. My biggest queer small-town series is called Love in Mission City. Mission City is located in Cedar Valley. I’ve had fun creating cameos for characters between the two series. Also, I write BDSM books under the penname Gabbi Black. The original trilogy I published was dark erotic. I’ve moved into lighter books and many are ménage including MMF and FFM. Most of the books I write are queer romances under Gabbi Grey, but I dip into my writing roots a couple of times a year.
Describe a scene in your writing that has made you laugh or cry?
I have burst out laughing a few times. When Davey’s step-mother tries to convince him that chicken is fine for a vegetarian. She points out that he should really only be concerned about cow farts causing climate change. Poor Davey. On the flip side, making me cry? I just wrote a scene in a book, coming out shortly, that I sobbed through. Another scene, where Jared is describing his sister’s death from cancer, always makes me cry. The book is the sweet romance If Only for Today, and I have to say Michael Ferraiuolo’s narration of that scene wipes me out every time I listen, and I wind up reaching for the tissues.
Give the readers a brief summary of your latest book or WIP. What genre does it fall in?
Donovan’s Men is the latest book in the Bonded by Love series. The first two books focused on the ménage of Cole, Caressa, and Michael – friends since they were in kindergarten and now, as adults in their late-twenties, find love with each other. I love the friends-to-lovers trope and so really sank into this triad. Now, Cole is a famous actor and works on a television show shooting in Vancouver, Canada. His other good friend is the stunt coordinator for the show. Donovan Riggs is a take-charge kind of guy. When he (along with Cole) gets shot, he doesn’t want to see himself as a victim. Enter police officer Tyson, who is investigating the shooting – even though the perpetrator is known. Then I added psychologist Hamish. Now, obviously, a police officer and a psychologist should not be romantically involved with a victim. Yeah – tell that to Donovan. He’s attracted to both men and does everything in his power to bring them all together. I’ll admit he’s a little overbearing – but he also knows what he wants. He’s attacked life with single-minded determination. He goes after Tyson and Hamish with that same enthusiasm. Throw in a little BDSM, and I had my first MMM novel.
Will we be seeing these characters again? Is this book part of a series?
Oh yes, these characters are coming back. I have a boxset coming in September with stories about the television series Cole and Donovan work on – so both appear as secondary characters. And although I’d thought I would just write a trilogy, I have two more books planned – another MMM and an FFF. So plenty more to say.
What was the last book you read? What did you like about it?
I read Kaje Harper’s new novella All These Years. It’s a prequel story in her wolves world. I’ll admit I haven’t read all the wolves novels, but friends swear it’s their comfort read. I’ve read her more recent stories and have enjoyed seeing how her wolf shifters interact with the clueless humans. This latest one is set in the 1960s, and since I enjoy historical stories, I thought this one was particularly good.
What hobbies do you have outside of writing?
None. Seriously. I have a neglected pile of stamps for my stamp collection and tons of scrapbooking supplies for the photos I plan to put in albums. Since writing is my obsession and takes up every moment of my spare time, I plan to collect more stamps and make those scrapbooks when I retire from my day job. Or if I ever stop writing – but that’s highly unlikely. Having too much fun.
Thank you for hosting me. I really enjoyed myself.
About the Author
USA Today Bestselling author Gabbi Grey lives in beautiful British Columbia where her fur baby chin-poo keeps her safe from the nasty neighborhood squirrels. Working for the government by day, she spends her early mornings writing contemporary, gay, sweet, and dark erotic BDSM romances. While she firmly believes in happy endings, she also believes in making her characters suffer before finding their true love. She also writes m/f romances as Gabbi Black and Gabbi Powell.
Comments
Post a Comment