|
"Trust me?" she asks, still smiling impishly.
"Of course."
She descends down the stairs slowly, carefully placing each foot on the old, metal steps. The spiral staircase creeks from the weight of both of us, but thankfully feels pretty sturdy as we make our way into the darkness. We finally hit the floor and Lindee reaches for a light switch, the soft glow of the single bulb illuminating the room.
And the beauty within it.
My breath catches, lungs constricting as I take it in. "Is…is that…" I stutter, my brain trying to catch up with what I think I'm seeing. What I really hope I'm seeing. "Is that what I think it is?"
"It is. Or, well, part of it. The very original twelve-gallon still. Just outside this door, and a handful of yards down the way, is a dip in the hills, and that is where there was a whole big setup that Gil and Fergus created. It had some much bigger ones that they ran during Prohibition, and right after, once they officially started the company. But that baby is what's left."
Holy shit…
I squat down in front of the old jug, examining the copper piping, feeling like a kid on Christmas. No, this feels different than Christmas morning. It's like the first time I saw a naked girl, but better. It might be the sexiest thing I've ever seen.
"Luna, this is incredible." Her nickname pops out again, but I still don't correct myself. "She still work?"
"Made my first batch of Wink & Shine with her." Lindee perks up, looking prouder than a peacock. Frankly, she deserves it.
"Felt like if I was going to base something off the original recipe, I should start where they started."
I rise back up to my full height, as I turn to face her. Reaching out, I place my hands on her hips, drawing her into me. Our bodies are around as close as they can be, and she's still too far away.
"Thank you for taking me on the super-secret tour," I whisper, lowering my forehead to hers. Lindee's breath hitches, and my fingers tighten against her reflexively, trying to hold on to her as long as I can. "You're right. I never could have dreamed of this."
"I'm glad you like it."
"I more than like it. In fact, it might just be the sexiest thing I've ever seen." I pause, quickly second-guessing my statement. Because it doesn't rank number one on that list. "No, I take that back. Second sexiest thing I've ever seen."
"Only second?" she questions playfully, moving her hips against mine. The friction is more than enough to make my dick spring to life, and if she's not careful, he's going to take over this conversation. "What could possibly outrank this?"
"You."
|
Comments
Post a Comment