Skip to main content

Resisting Love a Small Town Contemporary Romance by Katrina Marie is LIVE!

 


Title: Resisting Love
Series: Whoopsie Daisy Book 2
Author: Katrina Marie
Genre: Small Town Contemporary Romance
Tropes: Forced Proximity, Grumpy/Sunshine, Neighbors
Cover Design: Oh So Novel
Release Date: May 14, 2024





Whose idea was it to pair my happy-go-lucky neighbor with me? Someone is going to regret that decision.

Being voluntold to participate in a planning committee for the Spring Bloom Festival was the last thing I wanted.

Walking in to find out my “there’s always a brightside” neighbor is also on the committee, my worst nightmare.

He is sunshine. I am thunder.

And after my not so graceful entry into his life, he’s someone I avoid at all costs. Except the committee leaders decided to pair us together.

I love Whoopsie Daisy more than anything and would do anything for my business and friends, but why does it have to be this?

So much for staying away from him. Fighting his charm has never been more crucial. Especially with the reputation of the shop on the line.



Even though I knew deep down that was what she wanted to tell me, it still takes me by surprise. Samantha isn’t exactly warm and cuddly, and it’ll be interesting working alongside her. Hopefully we both survive it.

“Did you hear me?” Her eyes meet mine for a split second before focusing on her hands. She runs the pad of her finger over the edge of her nails. In all the time I’ve lived here, I don’t think I’ve ever seen her like this. She’s nervous, and I don’t understand why.

“Yes, I heard you. Just trying to process.”

The woman sitting in front of me right now is a completely different person than the one who barged into my garage and demanded I knock off all the noise. At this moment, she looks uncertain of herself.

“Well, you should probably process a bit faster. I’m the only option unless we pull someone off events or out of the shop.”

There’s the fiery attitude she gave me the other night. It was nice to see her show an emotion besides annoyance. Even if it was only for a small moment.

Soft voices come from the TV, and I finally notice what she’s watching. I never would have pegged her as the type to like reality shows. She notices where my eyes have fallen and grabs the remote before turning off the TV.

“I don’t have a problem working with you, I just want to make sure you are who I’ll be working with for sure. I’d hate to get halfway into the project with you only for something to change and have to fill someone else in on what’s happening.” My deep breath is loud in the now silent house. “And, you were pretty adamant you weren’t going to be a part of the festival planning.”

“Things change,” she shrugs her shoulders. “Emily told me last night their schedules are booked and I’m the only one who doesn’t have any conflicting events.”

Her shoulders sag as soon as the words are out of her mouth. I feel for her. She’s being forced to do something she doesn’t want to do. My heart squeezes at how many things I did because my ex-wife wanted me to. I know she isn’t married, but there’s a bond between everyone at Whoopsie Daisy, and I can’t help thinking this rocked the boat.

“Are you sure you want to help?” Giving her an out is the most gracious thing I can do right now. If anything it should make the frown she’s wearing go away. “I can manage this part of the festival on my own if I need to.”

Samantha taps the side of her leg and looks at the ceiling, mulling over my offer. Finally, her eyes meet mine. “I’m going to help. Whoopsie Daisy had already signed on, and I refuse to tarnish the name of our shop because I’m being inconvenienced.”

I wince at the words. At least I know where I stand. “Glad to have you on board.” Do I really mean that? Right now, I have no idea. All I can do is hope everything will be okay.











Samantha needed someone to knock that chip off her shoulder
That was my biggest pet peeve reading this
There were times if I could have I would have
I get the whole not peopling thing - I'm allergic to them as well
But it was BEN!
Smexy
Sweet as sin
Next door neighbor
BEN!
Don't fret
Eventually, he was able to get past her walls and into her heart

But let me tell you
It took a lot of patience
A whole lot of humor
A little sneaky assistance from her BFF's
and a clearing up of a little misunderstanding

I didnt get to read book one but I will be going back and grabbing a copy
Enjoyed the small-town feel
The secondary characters
The friction between these two
The antics and "oopsies" gave me a fabulous ab workout




Katrina Marie lives in the Dallas area with her husband, two children, bonus child, grandchild, and fur babies. She is a lover of all things geeky and nerdy. When she’s not writing you can find her at her children’s sporting events, curled up reading a book, or binge watching her favorite shows.



HOSTED BY:

#ResistingLoveReleaseBlitz #ResistingLoveKatrinaMarie #KatrinaMarieAuthor #SmallTown #ContemporaryRomance #ForcedProximity #GrumpySunshine #TBR #NewRelease #OneClick #MustRead  #WhoopsieDaisySeries #EnticingJourney 

Hosted by Enticing Journey Book Promotions

Comments