Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ The Heroes We Break (Heroes and Villains Duet Book 1) by Natasha Knight

The Heroes We Break The Heroes We Break by Natasha Knight
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

📘Book Info
She doesn’t belong to me.

I am the illegitimate son, unwanted and despised.

Ophelia Hart is the girl next door. I’ve watched her grow up. And rescued her countless times from my half-brother.

I’ve been gone from her life for two years and when I run into her again, she’s no longer a girl.

Only problem is, she’s wearing his ring on her finger.

But there’s always been something between us. I’ve always been her protector. Especially when it comes to him. And that pull is stronger than ever.

She no longer thinks me the hero of her story, though.

But I know something she doesn’t. A secret from her past. And she’s in danger.

She’ll fight me.

I’ll fight for her.

If she hates me for what I have to do, so be it.

Because there is no way in hell I will let my half-brother have her.

💭Our Thoughts
" Broken hero or not. Villians often win, don't they? The other endings are fairy tales. Don't you know that yet, little girl?"

This starts with Ophelia and Silas doing a bit of time jumping.
An easy way to give us a glimpse of their pasts and a little history that will help us connect with the why's and the who's
Don't fear the author does the time travel flawlessly

I thought early on I had this all figured out - I was so wrong
Miles from X marks the spot
Sure I had properly placed a couple of pieces
But the twists and realities that came from nowhere...

The truth behind the betrayals
The real reason driving our little band of psychos
I have no words

And the dark-as-night moments/revelations right before the serious OMFrackingG cliffy?
Holy Hades
I'm shaking

The Foxes deserve everything that the karma bus delivered/s
Ethan gave me the creeps from the beginning
All the Fox's are a little off
Their combined ick factor left me feeling ill

And as much as I love Silas there were moments it took everything I had not to reach in and redirect him

And Ophelia
Ugh
I adore your innocent view of the world
But you have to remove those rose-colored glasses
And no I didn't mean to replace them with contacts of the same color
I mean WAKE UP


Authors Website➱  http://www.natasha-knight.com/
 

#natashaknight #romanticsuspense #darkromance #heroesandvillains #duet #bookrecommendation #kindleunlimited

Comments