Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ The Secrets We Keep: A Small Town Fake Dating Romance (By The Bay) by J.L. Berg

The Secrets We Keep The Secrets We Keep by J.L. Berg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

📘Book Info
Passions ignite when a small-town cop falls for the one woman he shouldn’t in this fake dating romance.

Living in Ocracoke was a dream come true—until my husband died.
I haven't set foot on that island since.
It's been five years, and I thought I had moved on.
But when my boyfriend suddenly drops to one knee, it’s the only place I want to be.

I thought I was there to say goodbye, but I found him instead.

Macon Green is an arrogant small-town cop with quite a reputation.
When I find his ex-wife publicly humiliating him, I can’t help but intervene.
I slide my hand into his, and just like that, we’re dating.

It wasn’t supposed to be real.

And I definitely wasn’t supposed to stay.
Yet, the more we pretend, the more it starts to feel undeniably... right.

Perhaps this is where I was supposed to be all along.

💭Our Thoughts
These two ...
It was a bit like a tennis match
One minute I was laughing at one or the other's antics/reaction
The next I wanted to introduce someone to some sense
They were so flawless together it just took them a bit of misstepping to see it

Macon and Marin both are trying to unpack some pretty heavy emotional baggage.
Add in Macon's sense of guilt about Marin, and his ex who is just ewwww Along with Marin's realization that memories aren't always true to the event. Oh and that boyfriend back home on the mainland who wants to become her husband
And you have the perfect recipe for an entertaining, at times a bit angsty, almost constantly humorous, fake dating second chance romance

Authors Website➱  http://jlberg.com/
Blog Post ➱ https://awonderfulworldofwordsa.blogspot.com/2024/02/the-secrets-we-keep-small-town-fake.html

#BytheBay #JLBerg #TheSecretsWeKeep #SmallTownRomance #LoveafterLoss #SecondChance #KindleUnlimited #BookRecommendation

Comments