Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Stilettos and Sniper Rifles & SWAT for Dummies by Gail Koger

Stilettos & Sniper Rifles (Deputy Gemma Stone #1)Stilettos & Sniper Rifles by Gail Koger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
📘Book Info
I’ve been a Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputy for four years. Most folks don’t have a clue about what a cop deals with every day. Like a pack of attack chihuahuas, a monkey with a bad case of diarrhea, a hungry python, a Brahma bull named Bodacious and a six-foot iguana.

And that is just the critters. Now let me tell you about the two-legged varmints. Such as a three-hundred-pound biker who got a bit irate when I zapped him with a stun gun, or a murderous nun, and let’s not forget the senior citizens having an orgy. Ugh.

My personal life isn’t much better. Off duty I’m a ballroom dancer which everyone makes fun of. I love competitive dancing; I get to meet a lot of people who aren’t trying to kill me. Ok, there was one incident, but hey, shit happens. At a dance competition Detective Sergeant Dante Delgado waltzed into my life. My girly parts yelled yee-haw, he’s the one. Now, if I can only get him to do the tango with me.

Law enforcement isn’t for the fainthearted. Are you brave enough to enter my world?
💭Our Thoughts

I want to make a reference to Barney Fife but I'm not sure how many will get it

This was a collection of comedic calamities topped off with a bit of Who Done It wrapped within action-packed pages.
A whole lot of action-packed pages
Topped with the cutest budding romance

Great characters
Lots of humor
Easy to read
Lots and I mean lots of action
Even a couple of little twists I didn't see coming

If you are looking for an engaging fun read this will hit the spot

 SWAT for Dummies (Deputy Gemma Stone #2)SWAT for Dummies by Gail Koger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
📘Book Info
Just call me Calamity Jane, wherever I go, trouble soon follows. Which makes my job as a Maricopa County Sheriff’s Deputy a bit hazardous. From chasing down a bank robber to dealing with a cat burglar or handling Sun City’s seniors who are crazy as June bugs and horny as hell. My personal life is complicated. Off duty I’m a ballroom dancer. Detective Sergeant Dante Delgado is my new dance partner. My relationship with him puts me in the crosshairs of a dirty cop with homicidal tendencies. Can we stop him, or will we become his next victims? Law enforcement isn’t for the fainthearted. Are you brave enough to enter my world?
💭Our Thoughts
Strap on your metaphorical Kevlar vest as we head back to spend some quality time with Deputy Gemma Stone and her new partner Dante in this laugh-a-minute rollercoaster ride of action, romance, and chaos, all wrapped up in a small-town Arizona package.
Gemma, our resident calamity magnet, is back in the thick of things, trading in her ballroom dancing shoes for tactical boots. This time, she's navigating the high-stakes world of SWAT training, where rappelling off buildings and disarming bad guys are par for the course.
Be prepared for a perfect blend of nail-biting suspense with laugh-out-loud humor. And let us not forget the budding relationship between Gemma and her broodingly handsome, all hands on deck, overly aware of her every breath, boyfriend Dante
This is a perfect blend of action, humor, and heart. I was grinning from ear to ear as I said goodbye - For now

*Personal Note
I enjoy Koger's writing style so much and may be a tad biased 
Some readers might find the humor repetitive or the plot predictable. 
However, I greatly enjoy the fast-paced plots, witty dialogue, memorable characters, 
the blend of action & humor, and the sweet romances.
Highly recommend any of her work 


#Action #Comedy #Romance #RomanticComedy #LawEnforcement #SWATForDummies #StilettosAndSniperRifles #ColettiWarlordBooks #GailKoger 

Comments