Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ The Red Dragon of Oxford: MM Paranormal romance (Wings over Albion, Book 1) by Joy Lynn Fielding

The Red Dragon of Oxford The Red Dragon of Oxford by Joy Lynn Fielding

📘Book Info
Dragons aren't real. Or so I used to think.

Oxford isn't exactly what I'd imagined. Sure, the colleges are romantic, and everyone is brilliant enough to trigger my impostor syndrome. I expected that.

The dragon, however, was a big surprise.

I saw him on my first day. The beautiful beast spoke to me, then disappeared. I’ve been looking for him ever since.

When I’m not on a wild dragon chase, I spend my time in the library. I’d like to think I’m only there to study, but who am I kidding?

I’m there for him.

Rufus Mortimer is the world’s hottest librarian. He’s strict, enigmatic, and sexy. He makes me feel things I’ve never felt before.

But he has a secret. One that could destroy everything.

So now, all I have to do is find a dragon, earn my doctorate, and try to not to let my new romance burn my life to the ground. Easy, right?

I wish…

💭Our Thoughts
I want more!

"I’d never fallen in love before. Perhaps this was what everyone felt at the beginning, that it couldn’t go wrong."

These two are so sweet together. Physically they are complete opposites. However academically they have so much in common.
It was a bit of an oops not really sure how to process it right now, connect the dots later meet cute
But it worked for them
I am going to give Mark props because he pretty much let his shock take the lead and just goes with the flow. Though he does ask a lot of questions

"“No!” I felt uncannily like my mum having a gossip over the garden fence, with the delicious horror on Helen’s face and the similar tone in my voice. "

I have so many questions
Did she meet up with grumpy gramps?
If so, why couldn't we be there to witness it?
Was there excitement at the revelation about the whites?
Is choosing Mark, a human, normal and acceptable among the dragons?
These are just a few I have so many more!

"But what is magic except science we don’t yet understand?”

This is the first in the series so I'm sure some will eventually be answered
However, Enquiring minds and all, I do wish we had gotten a touch more background on some of the characters maybe even a bit more meat when it came to some of the events.
It felt at times like I was just getting second-hand accounts instead of being there - if that makes sense lol
Lots of humorous moments and some great secondary characters (again wish we had more on/of them)
As for the romance between our two MCs - They fit! Some really sweet moments between them as well as some high heat.
There was a bit of action which was resolved pretty quickly.
Overall it was an enjoyable read and I will be adding the next in this series to my TBR list.

As for a certain character, Callum - meet Karma

I think Nate is next and I am hoping his story sheds some more light on things


Authors Website➱ https://joyfielding.wordpress.com/
Blog Post ➱ https://awonderfulworldofwordsa.blogspot.com/2024/01/the-red-dragon-of-oxford-mm-paranormal.html

#thereddragonofoxford #wingsoveralbion #joylynnfielding #kindleunlimited  #mmromance #paranormal #shifters 

Comments