Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ A Fallen Spark MM Fantasy by Stephanie Beverly

A Fallen Spark A Fallen Spark by Stephanie Beverly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

📘Book Info
I am a dragon shifter destined to lead nations. Or at least I was. Fate changed for me the day I Drowned. Instead of growing up to fulfill a prophecy, I became society's villain. Children died because of me. The world hates me for it. Almost as much as I hate myself. There is one purpose left for me- create the magic Eikonia uses for currency. And I can't even do that. The one thing that I thought would change my fate, has backfired on me. Killing my father should have set me free from his abuse, but now I am more of a captive than ever before. Now Eikonia has taken things into their own hands. They have threatened the lives of everyone I love. I must do everything in my power to protect them and defeat the demon inside of me.

💭Our Thoughts
This is one of those fantasy reads that definitely keeps its readers on their toes - Or at least it was for me

There is a lot of time jumping - Character development Breath stealing OMG moments - You think I am kidding but I was constantly going back to see how I missed the clues for some of the twists and reveals

Alder was carrying so much baggage that he was drowning in fear
Everyone had a demand on him and had already cast him as the villain in their stories
I can not tell you the number of times I wish I could have held him and told him it would be okay
Or the number of times I wanted to erase a certain councilman or deliver some sense to his supposed friends
I was proud of our little rebel Anya - She realized there was more than just what she was being fed

By the time the main players had wiggled their way into my love or loathe category, and the pieces began to fall into place creating a bigger picture
I was hooked

This is a slow-build
Lots of details and multiple POV's coming at you
Extraordinary characters that were each unique and brought so much to the story
Vivid world building
It did take me a few chapters to get into the rhythm but once I got it...
The story was that much more intense
Highly recommend it for those who enjoy a more complex and unique read
I will be looking for more from Stephanie


BookBub Buy Links ➱ available on all major retailers

#fantasy #mmromance #adventure #dragons #lgbtq #stephaniebeverly #bookrecommendation
 

Comments