Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Tears Like Acid (Corsican Crime Lord Book 3) Dark Romance by Charmaine Pauls

Tears Like Acid Tears Like Acid by Charmaine Pauls
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

📘Book Info

We’re destined to destroy each other, but we’re going to finish this game, no matter how long or what it takes.

In my line of business, every day dawns with the smell of death in the air. But it’s not a bullet that’s going to slay me. It’s Sabella, the woman who was promised to me, the woman who betrayed me.

I hate and want her in equal measure, an agonizing situation of my own making. We’re heading down a path of destruction, but there’s no turning back. At the first chance she gets, she’ll stab me in the back again. She’s a dangerous risk and a threat to my family. If I were wise, I’d eliminate that risk and leave her funeral to the sharks. I must be an idiot, because I’m going to finish what I started, no matter the cost.
💭Our Thoughts

I want to make him fish food!!
How can you be so blind yet aware at the same time?
He suspects they are up to something yet he doesn't question the intel on his wife?
Enough of my rant - though I stand behind making him chum!

This has all kinds of little hints as to what direction this not-so-happy marriage is going
As well as who has other plans and plots and schemes against Angelo (should be Angleo as he is all sharp edges with nothing that resembles an angel)
A lot of setting up for what is about to be one wild ending

This ends on another of Angelo's not-so-bright decisions -
He acts like she will just throw up her hands and be like "Oh well guess that is that"
I am enjoying all the strong secondary characters who are coming into play now
Also enjoyed how she twisted (for lack of a better descriptor) his commands and he can't do anything about it
Whole careful what you wish for thing

I am really curious about the town though -
One of the conversations led me to think it might be her way out

This is the third in a series so you have to read the previous books to understand what is going on

I need to know how this plays out
I need to know if some of my guesses about events/people are correct
I also need to see Angelo get on his knees and ...

Authors Website➱ https://charmainepauls.com/


#tearslikeacid #darkromance #mafiaromance #forcedmarriage #alphahole #suspense #corsicancrimelordseries #charmainepauls #mustreadbooks

Comments