Skip to main content

Book Recommendation ➱ Octavius's Oath: A Dark Arranged Marriage Romance by V.F. Mason

Octavius's Oath Octavius's Oath by V.F. Mason
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Info

Power. Money. Status.

Everything I have, I earned with blood, sweat, and tears—the vicious scar on my cheek can attest to that fact.
No one dares to go against me.
And if someone tries?
I punish and destroy them.

I’m a monster born from agony and pain with no redeeming qualities, a hunter who seeks to catch his prey.
To torture them in retribution for all the atrocities they have committed.
My current prey thinks he tricked me a long time ago by faking his death.
He didn’t.

There is one absolute law all monsters follow:
In order to catch your prey, you need to have the perfect decoy.
And what better decoy than the one person my prey craves the most.
Her.

The beauty who seeks answers to explain her horrific past, and unfortunately for her…I hold all the keys.
I should stay away from her.
Instead, I marry her and trap her in the beast’s castle with no way of escaping, claiming her as mine.


After all…
Life is unbearable.
And so am I.

💭Our Thoughts

Octavius is the one Horseman the ladies shied away from
He was more than just the dark and dangerous vibes one normally got from the Horseman
No, he displayed his lack of ducks, his darkness - proudly upon his face
A warning if you will
And it worked on everyone
Everyone but his sweet Isla
She would forever be his though she would never know it

Isla had survived a serial killer's attempt on her life. She was the only survivor.
Revenge. Survivors guilt. The human need to know.
Maybe all the above and more literally took the driver's seat in her life
She would find the Church killer and she would lock him away

Now years later her obsession has become her downfall
She pushed and pushed and...
Everyone knows there are consequences to every action
now Isla must face hers

I couldn't keep track of the number of times I wanted to shake some sense into Octavius. You want her but you refuse to claim her. You protect her from everyone but you. You can't keep walking all over her and then expect her to believe you. And you can't get mad when she does something because she doesn't have the complete picture!

And the rest of you - did you really think that was the way to approach this FUB AR 'D situation?

And Isla you need to get off your horse, toss aside those blinders, and take a good look at what stands before you
Life is so many more shades

This had so many little twists and Holy Shitake moments.
Just wait until the connection between Isla and ...
I can't tell you, spoilers and all, but OMG!!
And the fact that Camden is her BFF's boo added so much more to the storyline
You can read this as a standalone however it does have some spoilers regarding the other Horseman's downfalls (wives)
This is a dark romance with all those little warnings so if that isn't your cuppa...

Authors Website➱ https://vfmason.com/


#vfmason #billionaireromance #darkromance #grumpysunshine #newbookalert #lovereading #bookcommunity #reading #bookish #romancenovels #booknerds #bookishlove #mustread #ebooks #wildfiremarketingsolutions

Comments