Skip to main content

Book Review: Tea and Antipathy (Damien Murphy Pet Sitting and Murder Investigations Book) by Meredith Spies

Tea and Antipathy Tea and Antipathy by Meredith Spies

Book Info
Damien Murphy isn’t a detective, but he played one on T.V. once.

Not everyone could say their luck started improving the day they got hit by a car, but not everyone was me. Which was good because one me is all the town of Lester Cove can handle.

Ever since, murder's been afoot and my new friend seems to be right in the thick of things. Mrs. Witte is a sweet older lady but she cannot keep herself from getting involved with the murder mystery, and her stepson Benjamin seems to think that’s somehow my fault.

Look, I’m just a washed up child star turned accidental pet sitter and sometimes plucky sidekick. I had nothing to do with the deaths that seem to be happening at an alarming rate, deaths Mrs. Witte wants me to help solve. Dealing with Ben's antipathy is on my list, right below cleaning up after a dead woman's dog.

💭Our Thoughts

Tea and Antipathy by Meredith Spies is a quirky cozy mystery novel that follows Damien Murphy who is visiting Lester Cove, Maine for a theatre festival and soon finds himself not only embroiled in a murder investigation but also with a new best buddy.

The story is packed with quirky characters and little one-off moments, for lack of a better description.
The tow/toe shop- yes just wait - is just the start of the oddities that make up Lester Cove and its residents
Each brought so much to the story - A little drama here and misdirection there
The plot was engaging with plenty of red herrings to keep the reader guessing. There were a few times I was pulled out of the book but nothing that prevented me from enjoying the overall story.

I enjoyed the light-hearted tone and the witty banter and the overall storyline.
However, there were some typos and grammatical errors that stood out


Authors Website   ➱ https://www.booksbymeredith.com/

#cozymystery #smalltown #amatuersleuth #mmromance #fishoutofwater #koboplus #meredithspies #gaybookpromotions

Comments