Skip to main content

A Reckless Memory : Small Town Romance by Marie Johnston ➱ Book Release


Title: A Reckless Memory

Genre: Small Town/Second Chance/Boss Employee/Contemporary Romance

Author: Marie Johnston

Amazon: https://a.co/d/3jhSaZA


BLURB

I fled minutes before my wedding when I learned my fiancé had been paid to marry me. Ten years, too many crappy exes, and one drunken decision later, I’m now his boss.


From Marie Johnston comes a small town second chance romance.


A night out with a friend turned into shots and duping an old ex of mine into taking a job at my budding horse rescue.


The last time Ansen Barron saw me, I was fishtailing away from our wedding with his dog. When he arrives, I expect him to reverse right back down my driveway after he learns I’m his boss.


I don’t expect to find a jaded man in the place of the easygoing guy I was once engaged to. I also don’t expect my heart to race when he’s around. Or for him to treat me like I always meant more to him than a payday.


I don’t regret hiring him. He’s the best man for the job, and he’s trying to prove he’s changed, one melting kiss at a time.


But no matter how hot we are together, I can’t forget I once thought he was the best man for me and maybe it’s safer for my heart if he stays a reckless memory.



This is the first book in the Oil Knights series. It is a standalone however it does interconnect with previous Oil series' and will most likely, quite positively, leave you wanting to know more about the residents of this small town.
If you have never read Johnston's work this is a good place to start
It's a slow-burn second-chance romance

Aggie has always been, in her mind, the extra child. Heck before her mama left she drilled into Aggie not to let the men in her life control it.
So after Aggie's oh-so-loving dear old pa paid a ranch hand to fall in love and marry her - Aggie found she had enough manipulation and heartache
She took the dog, and her truck and she was out

Ten years have passed not much at home has changed except Aggie is about to make her dream a reality and there is a bonus if she acts now.
That low-down cowboy who broke her heart?
He is in need of a job
And guess what?
She has one for him. Sure it doesn't pay squat diddly. And yeah, maybe she might be taking out a piece of his hide here and there for retribution But golly gee mister...

You are probably laughing thinking "You go girl", but hold your horses,
Karma is driving this bus and she sees what we don't which means her plans might be stampeding out of control

Okay so now that I have wrangled your attention
(come on you know there was no way I could pass up all the good ol' boy stuff)
Don't pass this up.
It is high heat, slow burn, lots of personal growth, and feels, second chance romance.
It also sets up the series regarding who is who and leads into what is coming next.
Packed with humor, some angst, a very smexy cowboy, family and all the drama they come with, some farm animals, and a real second chance at grabbing that brass ring -
Oh and the gal




#arecklessmemory #smalltown #bossemployee #secondchance #forcedproximity #contemporary #romance #kindleunlimited #mariejohnston


Comments