Skip to main content

Book Review: The End of Me: A Decker Family Novel (The Downfall of Us Book 1) by Claudia Y. Burgoa







































































































The End of Me The End of Me by Claudia Y. Burgoa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"We can hold onto each other until you're ready to let me go. "

One minute I was crying - the next I was mad as a hornet - flip the page - and I was releasing the breath I did not even realize I was holding only to turn a few pages and start the process again
I am emotionally exhausted - But it was sooooo worth it

Seriously the best book of 2023 to date!!

A lot of the events that occur here interlink with the other couples in this series - so spoilers from this read are probable if you haven't read the previous releases. Though they are all intertwined so you always get a little preview as you go

Now back to the heart-twisting, mind-bending, soul-sucking, hope-inducing story that left me needing a drink and therapy - I'm not kidding

Archer is gone
Piper is not truly living
Him is having multiple identity crises
Finn is ... I'm not sure what is actually up with him
Deck is stuck in the middle of all of them
And the Fates?
They are having a laugh as they bump the above-mentioneds destinies against one another. Each time barely grazing one past the other. Just little moments to throw them off their game. To leave them with that feeling of Deja Vu. Enough to cause a pause but not enough for them to put the pieces together

Until it's too late

I am actually a bit terrified to open book two. What if Finn's new choices can't be undone? What if Piper can't recover from the attack and the following events (no spoilers lol)? How in the world is Deck going to keep himself from removing Archer's life force?
I am going in -
Therapy recommendations please ;)


#TheDownfallofUs #ClaudiaBurgoa #Friendstolovers #ForcedProximity #Workplace #Agegap #SecondChance #MFM #MMF #OppositesAttract #Polyamorousromance #GrumpySunshine #Torturedhero #Amnesia #StrongHeroine #Forbiddenromance #TheEndofMe #WhenForeverFindsUs

Comments