Skip to main content

Woman Over the Edge a Romantic Suspense by: Quinn Avery narrated by: Raquel Beattie ➱ Audio Book Tour

  


Author: Quinn Avery

Narrator: Raquel Beattie

Length: 8 hours and 59 minutes

Publisher: Jennifer Naumann

Released: Apr. 21, 2022

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Perfect for fans of Don’t Lie To Me and The Night She Disappeared, award-winning author Quinn Avery’s newest book, Woman Over the Edge follows Mia’s decades-long search for her sister’s killer. Mia Hughes is only 16-years-old when she loses her sister after a summer storm catapults their boat into the rocky shoreline. Only Ben, Mia’s best friend along for the boat ride, is conscious after the crash. When he goes looking for help he discovers Mia covered in blood...and no sign of Bella. With no memory of what happened before she was found, Mia spends the next 22 years haunted by Bella's disappearance, only to encounter a series of tragedies that she knows have to be tied to her sister...and to Ben. Blending the non-stop action of Those That Wish Me Dead, the shocking revelations of The Couple Next Door, and the deceptive family drama of The Last Thing He Told Me, Woman Over the Edge will most definitely keep you on the edge of your seat.
 

 
 Quinn Avery is an award-winning author who has written 38 novels, both romantic suspense and mystery/thriller. An avid fan of the beach, a good book, and Dave Grohl, she enjoys traveling and spending her free time with her favorite people and biggest fans...her husband and children. Quinn also writes romantic suspense as Jennifer Ann.
  Raquel Beattie speaks conversational Spanish and she’s comfortable with beginning French. She can do a range of voices and select accents, including American Southern and Mexican. She loves the craft of storytelling and has narrated over 45 books from her home studio. She loves spending time with her husband and three kids, getting outside in nature, hanging with friends, dark humor, and eating good food. “I’m not a foodie per sé, but I really appreciate simple and tasty meals,”she says, as she goes to Whataburger for the hundredth time. Hey, one can like their burgers and still have a discerning palate. She’s complex that way. Also narrating as Allie Lake.
Q&A with Narrator Raquel Beattie
  • What about this title compelled you to audition as narrator?
    • I love thrillers and mysteries and the audition manuscript was enough to get me hooked! I wanted to know what happened! Just from the audition script, I knew this would be a fun book to immerse myself in.
  • How did you decide how each character should sound in this title?
    • Definitely a character's personality and attitude informs how they will sound. Sometimes I'll use a similar character I've seen in a movie or someone I know, but many times, the author has given me enough to really see that character.
  • How do you manage to avoid burnout? What do you do to maintain your enthusiasm for narrating?
    • Even though I love my job, it's still a job. I have 3 kids, so I schedule work carefully in order to keep a good work/life balance. I don't take myself too seriously, I take breaks, and I take time for other hobbies.
  • Have there been any characters that you really connected with?
    • Yes! Actually there have been many characters who I've resonated with. One book I narrated had a lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers story that reminded me of mine and my husband's story.
  • Who is your “dream author” that you would like to record for?
    • Blake Crouch! His books are incredible.
  • What bits of advice would you give to aspiring audiobook narrators?
    • Get coaching, keep growing, and keep going. Don't give up. Be a clear and reliable communicator, and be kind.
  • How did you wind up narrating audiobooks? Was it always your goal or was it something you stumbled into by chance?
    • I stumbled on it by chance! I moved to a new state and I felt lost. I got an adult education course newsletter in the mail and thought this might be a good way to meet people in a new place. I found a course titled "Make Money With Your Voice." I had some acting background and it sounded fun, so I signed up. I loved it, kept learning and getting coaching, and it snowballed from there.
  • Did you find it difficult to “break into” audiobook narration? What skill/tool helped you the most when getting started?
    • I don't think I'd be where I am today if I wasn't so stubborn. I did one book, then another, and I didn't think about "failing." I just thought, "Where do I want to be in 5 years? Regretting that I didn't keep going, or doing my nth book?" Also, actively learning and seeking out expert information gave me confidence and expertise to start and keep going.
  • A lot of narrators seem to have a background in theater. Is that something you think is essential to a successful narration career?
    • There are some fabulous narrators who don't have a background in theater, but invested in coaching and are now killing it. Even people with acting backgrounds should get some narration specific coaching.
  • What type of training have you undergone?
    • I have trained with many renowned narrators who also coach and I have attended many narrator conferences and workshops. Coaching and continuing education is an investment worth making.
 The songs I listened to as I wrote this romantic thriller included a lot of my all-time favorites, and several Mia would listen to as well. Several are from my younger days–Billy Joel was one of the first artists I fell in love with, and I listened to No Doubt, Beastie Boys, and Bush on repeat most days as a teenager. I included some extra creepy tunes to help get me into the right mindset.
     . 
Click here to view the full tour schedule!

Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.

Sign up as a tour host here.

Join us on the #AudioBook Tour with Bonus Material
#womanovertheedge #romanticsuspense  #quinnavery #raquelbeattie
@authorquinnavery  · Writer
@RaquelBeattieVO  @raquel.beattie.narrator  · Actor
Tour Company: @AudiobookwormPromos

Comments