Skip to main content

Our Book Thoughts and Recommendations 💖 Week of August 1st

 


 📚 Our Book Recommendations & Thoughts  

⚖️ Samson: The Vendetta Brotherhood by C.R. Robertson

🗡️ Paramour of Sin by Lexi C. Foss

🐺 Unacceptable Risk by Kaje Harper

💎 Stolen Lust by Charmaine Pauls

🔗 Alpha by Nora Ash

🙊 Inherited Malice by Alta Hensley




See all of our reviews and recommendations

Amazon  BookBub  Goodreads 



Samson: The Vendetta Brotherhood Book Two: Social Rejects SyndicateSamson: The Vendetta Brotherhood Book Two: Social Rejects Syndicate by C.R. Robertson
Description:
Readers of CD Reiss and Penelope Sky will devour this series filled with dark desires and explosive secrets.
She was the kindling to the fire that burned inside me.
I was the flame that would scorch any enemy that touched her.
Emotionally scarred and broken, Aoife ran to freedom and straight into the arms of a devil with a tainted soul and a bad attitude. Samson had lost everything he ever loved and didn’t care who he killed to protect the new family he had created with The Vendetta Brotherhood.
A priceless artwork was stolen by Aoife’s sister and all debts must be paid, whether in cash or flesh. Captured and taken to Cuba, Aoife is the prisoner of a vicious group of criminals, her gaoler the handsome stranger she spent one unforgettable night with.
Samson was a thief and a murderer, but can be pull off the greatest heist of his life and steal a beating heart and a passion that frees the caged beast inside him that demands Aoife’s submission to him?
Our Thoughts 💭:
"Who bonded over a terrifying toilet experience?"
I thought Nic and Sara's story was engaging
Aoife and Sam were like cookies and milk!
Sam was a force to be reckoned with
He held a void, a sort of darkness -
Death's right hand if you will
Aoife, despite the horrors she had lived through, was a cool breeze blended with the feeling of sunshine on your skin
Innocence - Happiness
And the only thing that could break through the storm that was Samson
Aoife was escaping a bad relationship she only had one person who knew the truth, the secrets she had been hiding -
her sister Shannon
Sam was tracking down a painting stolen by ...
Yep, you guessed it-
Shannon
This has a bit of everything
A vivid cast
A solid storyline that blends:
Cartel - and all the suspense and bloodshed that goes with it
Professional Thieves
Corrupt councils
Lots of double-crossing
Jealousy
Smexy steamy romance
Laughter- lots of laughter
Solid heroes that will melt your heart
And
The best HEA
This belongs in your must-read pile -
A cartel/brotherhood romance that has all the crimson splattering, chest-thumping action blended perfectly with steamy romance and the bonds of chosen family.
#Samson #VendettaBrotherhood #OrganizedCrime #Mysteries #RomanticSuspense #Thrillers #CRRobertson
Description:
Paramour of Sin is a standalone paranormal romance featuring a Demonic Lord with a penchant for drawing blood, a kinky incubus with a proclivity for playing dirty, and a wayward Succubus known for her lethal touch. There will be MM, MF, and MMF content
A dead conquest.
A succubus signature.
An edict sending the culprit back to Hell.
The culprit being me.
My name is Gwen, and I’m a succubus with a control problem. Except I didn’t create this mess.
Now I have ten days to prove my innocence.
Not a problem.
Well, minus one minor detail–the two hot demons hellbent on helping me prove my case.
Lord Zebulon makes me want to fall to my knees with a single glance.
And Zane recently shattered my heart.
It’s a match made in Hell. And a union probably blessed by the devil himself.
So I have ten days not to fall in love.
Ten days of staying out of Zane’s and Lord Zebulon’s beds.
And ten days to find out who framed me for murder.
Man, sometimes being a succubus really sucks.
Our Thoughts 💭:
You know that saying "don't mistake my kindness for weakness" - that's Gwen!
Our sweet little "wouldn't hurt a fly" Gwen is out draining bodies and dumping them for the mortals to find 😲
Yeah, no one else believes that either - except the prince of 'he ll' and he is giving Zeb 10 days to find proof of her innocence or else...
This is a steamy MMF with all the delightfully dark twists that you have come to love and expect from this series. Paramour is
Zeb, Zane, and Gwen's story but also features some of my fave characters from the series as well as continuing the long-running storyline.
Speaking of -
Holy Hades wait until you get to some of those tempting teasers!
"I would never cage her. Love, I Found was about letting those we cared for prosper and fly. Not locking them away to die."
Zeb our rules with an iron fist dark demon lord and all-around scary badarse has never let his guard down - even with Zane, he has kept what he thought was some form of distance from him.
But when his sweet little Gwen is slated for a life in hades - everything changes.
Can he prove Gwen's innocence in time?
Can he let down his walls and let her in? Let Zane in?
"An existence without you by our sides would be a dull existence indeed"
Zane our flirty trouble maker has always desired Gwen but his first allegiance is to Lord Zebulon. Years ago he accepted that she would always be the forbidden fruit. Now with her life on the line, things have changed and unless he can gain Gwen's trust he may lose her forever
This has to be one of the most heartfelt (the descriptor sweet used with Zeb just doesn't feel right) romances. Watching Gwen come into her own and Zeb drop his walls - *sigh*
#ParamourofSin #DarkProvenace #AngelsDemons #Erotic #Gothic #Paranormal #Romance #Urban #LexiCFoss
Amazon

Unacceptable Risk [includes Unsettled Interlude]  (Hidden Wolves, #1-1.5)Unacceptable Risk [includes Unsettled Interlude by Kaje Harper
Description:
For a hidden shifter, falling in love with a man may be the death of them both.
Simon Conley knows about being an outcast. Born into a secret werewolf pack, he’s the lone gay wolf, an outsider even among his packmates. The top wolves consider him a perversion, a failure, and a security risk. To survive in the human world, werewolves rely on absolute secrecy, and any breaches of their code are dealt with swiftly— and violently.
So when Simon falls in love with Paul, a human man, even his Alpha’s grudging tolerance won’t protect him. He must keep Paul from discovering the truth about him and the secrets the pack jealously guards, or it’s not just their love that’ll end up dead.
Our Thoughts 💭:
Loved Simon and Wolf 😄
This was my first time with this author so I was not sure what to expect. The world-building was solid with a new twist on what "hampers" our werewolves. The storyline was easy to follow with solid characters that you will almost instantly find yourself loving or loathing. Some solid "OMG" moments sprinkled with a bit of suspense and some of the sweetest romance. Really liked how patient Simon was with Paul. I do have all kinds of questions though about who some of the characters are or where they came from. I do not want to give spoilers but I need to know!
Simon is a gay werewolf and in this universe that is unacceptable and has always been a death sentence - times are changing - not everyone is progressing at the same rate but thankfully his Alpha gave him a chance. Now he just needs to survive the rest of the pack who disagrees.
And that is what lands him in the arms of Paul.
Paul is a very soft-hearted vet who has some of his own emotional baggage that in many ways rivals Simon's.
Paul finds himself drawn to Simon on a physical and emotional level. Confused, a bit scared but curious he dips and retreats with his feelings for Simon.
Did I mention that Paul has never been with another man?
Simon and Wolf know Paul is their other half - Now Simon just needs to be patient while he shows Paul everything he has to offer him
And keep him safe from the pack
Tall order but Simon is more than meets the eye
I am looking forward to more from these characters as well as the rest of the pack.
PNR with some violence (werewolves folks) and homophobia.
#Unacceptablerisk #hiddenwolves #MMRomance #Paranormal #Shapeshifters #LGBT #KajeHarper
#Free on all platforms at the time of post
Amazon Kobo Nook Google Apple

Stolen Lust (Beauty in the Stolen, #1)Stolen Lust by Charmaine Pauls
Description:
Ian Hart is the most notorious criminal in the country. Like the thief he is, he came in the dark and stole a night of my life.
He left me with souvenirs. Disaster and fear are my new realities. I’ll forever look over my shoulder, terrified he’d return, because when he took me, he stole more than just a few hours of my time.
His crime has consequences neither of us could’ve imagined. If I’m to escape the nightmare of my life, I have to outsmart him. If I’m to survive, I have to outwit every enemy he’s turned against me, including Ian himself, the most dangerous and cleverest man I know.
Our Thoughts 💭:
Cas had already suffered an evening of bad luck with the date from he ll -
But the worst is far from over as she soon finds herself the victim of a carjacking
- it's not even her car!!
Ian has his reasons for taking Cas.
Never said the man was sane but he is a thief and he never hesitates to take what he wants
And right now?
For the night?
He wants Cas.
This starts out fast-paced and explosive and the fallout from one moment's lustful decision just continues
It was a bit like Dominos- once the first one falls the momentum just picks up taking out everything in its path
And Ian put Cas front and center
This ends on a "hold on tight things are about to get rough" moment - not really a cliffy perse more like a "No way!" type of ending - It is part of a duet
Ian and Cas were combustible together -
They fit and there were no games between them.
Ian means what he says.
And Cas?
She loves to strike his fuse just to watch the fallout
The real twists pick up in the last few chapters
I have all kinds of questions and no clues yet
Though I did see the screwup coming
#StolenLust #DiamondMagnate #BeautyintheStolen #DarkRomance #OrganizedCrime #PsychologicalThrillers #RomanticSuspense #CharmainePauls
Amazon Kobo Nook Google Apple

Alpha (Alpha Ties, #1)Alpha by Nora Ash
Description:
Alpha is the first book in Nora Ash’s suspense-filled Omegaverse series, Alpha Ties. Each book is a full-length novel with a complete romance storyline.
This series gets dark, and it gets dirty. If you don’t enjoy your romance scorching and your alphas rough & dominant, give this book a pass.
He has only one rule:
Never run. Surrender.
I owe my life to a masked killer.
He came for me, like an avenging angel of death sent to spare me from pain and humiliation.
Yet teach me the price of salvation.
I am bound to him by the blood he spilled for me, but he didn’t save me out of mercy. I don’t think he even knows the word.
He wants submission.
He wants me by his side.
And he wants this city for his own.
I will never surrender.
Our Thoughts 💭:
This is my first time reading Ash's work and is the first in the series
This is an Omegaverse romance that I would definitely recommend for those who want to test the genre by dipping their toes in the water just to get an idea of the temp
Great world building - terrific characters - a solid storyline that is easy to follow
Leigh has worked hard to get to where she is in her Alpha-dominated world. Life is not great she is barely surviving but she is doing it on her own...
And that sums up our smart stubborn strong-willed about to present at the worst possible time snarky heroine
I do not want to unmask our hero (yes I loved that part of the story) by giving too much away.
He is all growly and dominant but he is also conscious of the biological drive and the damage it can do when not controlled(pretty heartbreaking back story). He wants more for all the dynamics and he is fighting against those who want to dominate and control what they believe are the weaker of the population.
Everything he has ever believed is about to be questioned
and everything he has ever worked for, including his freedom, may be the cost to protect the woman who holds his heart
Solid start to the series look forward to reading the next in series.
#Alpha #AlphaTies #DarkRomance #Omegaverse #Paranormal #NoraAsh
 Amazon Kobo Nook Google Apple

Inherited Malice: A Dark Secret Society Romance (Breaking Belles)Inherited Malice: A Dark Secret Society Romance by Alta Hensley
Description:
I’m a con artist, and I’ve got my sights set on Beau Radcliffe. He’s dominant, arrogant, and always thinks he’s the smartest person in the room.
But he made the mistake of getting way too drunk one night and telling me all about the twisted ways of the dark, mysterious secret society he was about to be initiated into.
So, I steal an invite and show up as a belle.
And just like that night in the bar several months ago, Beau picks me out of the line-up to be his partner in debauchery for the next three months. I’ll get everything I ever dreamed of if I can just stick it out with him.
Beau thinks he’s in charge, making the rules of this game as we go, but he has no idea.
This is going to be fun…
Our Thoughts 💭:
No spoilers -
Malice was a different tone than the previous books from this interconnected series
"and for the first time, I actually believed it. Oh God, I believed it."
From the first chapter to the final echo of the staff Consuela was in charge and she was going to survive and she was going to get her dream fulfilled
I liked her character and her reasons just endeared her to me more. She had survived so much adversity in her short life.
She walked both sides of the line but with a sense of morality (I know but sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils) even though survival was her only goal.
When her secret was revealed? What she wanted from this "game"?
I was speechless.
She played their games with her head held high and her crown 👑 on straight.
Beau was so disconnected from his own feelings- I truly don't think he realized how lonely and detached his world was.
Watching the blinders that had been a part of his life fall away?
Watching him lose his perfectly organized control?
Priceless!
I do wish this had been a bit longer. I would have enjoyed more time with this couple and a bit more detail
A solid addition to the collection
#InheritedMalice #SecretSociety #Dark #OrganizedCrime #Gothic #NewAdult #RomanticSuspense #AltaHensley #StasiaBlack



#OrganizedCrime #Mysteries #RomanticSuspense #Thrillers #Erotic #Gothic #Paranormal #Romance #Urban #MMRomance #Shapeshifters #LGBT #DarkRomance #PsychologicalThrillers #RomanticSuspense #Omegaverse #SecretSociety #NewAdult 

Comments