Skip to main content

Our Book Thoughts and Recommendations 💖 Week of July 18th

 


📚 Our Book Recommendations & Thoughts  


⚰️  Grave of Words by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

👑 Dangerous King by Sienna Snow

🎭 The Billionaire Blooper by Lolita Thorne

🐺 Unleashed by the Moon by L.P. Dover

🔥 Immortal: Guardian of Monsters by Kristin Ping

⚖️ Them Seymore Boys by Savannah Rose


See all of our reviews and recommendations

Amazon  BookBub  Goodreads 




Grave of Words (Fall of Under, #2)Grave of Words by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
Description:
Ember is a mortal in a world of demigods and monsters. But she is Under’s only hope at survival.
Under is besieged by flesh-eating corpses bent on destruction and commanded by an immortal madman out to destroy the world. And the only thing between him and his goal of utter annihilation...is Ember.
In a terrible twist of fate, the deranged King of Poison has become her prisoner. The wayward hunter now finds herself caught between two warring forces—the living and the dead. The choice should be easy. But the more time she spends with Rxa, the more she begins to question her resolve.
Because the real war is about to begin. And it is between her head…and her heart.
Our Thoughts 💭:
Zombies and Spiders and meat-eating Horsies ...
Yeah, Ember is finding Under a virtual obstacle course of unknowns - that includes the slightly mad god tied to her horse - Can she save a world she knows nothing of from a God that is all-powerful? And slightly disheveled and sexy in a bloody goth sort of way.
We pick up pretty much where we left off in book one - yes this is part of a series and yes you need to back it up if you have not read the first book - Trust me you want to play in this pool of darkness 😺
Rxa is slowly recovering from his taste of Ember all while he plots his destruction of Under and his reversal of "positions" with his little dove
I am not going to give away anything not spoiling the surprises here - This does end on a bit of a cliffy - Okay fine a large cliff with multiple "OMG H E double hockey sticks NO" things happening.
Know going in that you will want to read this one undisturbed.
Packed with edge of your seat twists and No moments.
Oh and wait for it -I am not sure but something is happening (ugh can't spoil it) and I am not sure if it is the "poison" or something else but maybe it is altering certain viewpoints (UGHHH You will see)
Ember was doing a bit of the back and forth but I get it - she suddenly found herself in a world where the old rules were nonexistent - except killing and fighting to survive. Her past makes it easy for her to adapt to some of the changes others take a few screams longer -but no judgment. She is slowly seeing the true beauty of Under while her feelings for Rxa are becoming harder to deny. But she has a mission and no matter how betrayed he feels destroying an entire world is not right
The chocolate and warm baths and pampering might be probably swaying her feelings
The glimpses at the real Rxa are definitely swaying her emotions.
Personal note* I may be moving Aon down a notch and Rxa up a bit I like his disheveled not really there slightly crimson shade of humor
Need the next in series yesterday, please!! There is so much going on and I always dislike when I have to leave Under for Earth 🥺
#GraveofWords #FallofUnder #DarkFantasy #Dystopian #Horror #SciFi #KathrynAnnKingsley

Dangerous KingDangerous King by Sienna Snow
Description:
I’m the one she should have stayed away from.
The thief, the hustler, the boy without a past or a future. A kid forged by the rules of the streets.
She sees into my darkest depths and doesn’t blink an eye. She’s my dream, my peace in a place I can never escape.
Then one day, she’s gone, whisked into a world I refuse to taint with my touch.
Fifteen years later, she’s back in my life, needing a favor only I can provide.
I’m no longer the street rat she once knew. Now I’m king of an empire, where my favors come at a price.
A price, she says she is more than willing to pay, but the cost is all of her...body, mind, and soul.
Our Thoughts 💭:
Danika is within reach of her goal
To annihilate - To destroy - To reclaim what was stolen
To finally bring the man who calls himself Uncle to his knees
Literally and figuratively
She has spent years setting each piece into motion
Playing the role of his besotted niece
But the best-laid plans and all that jazz...
Nik has evolved from a hooded street punk pulling crimes in back alleys to a master of manipulation in the boardroom and king of the city that now lies below his glittering tower.
He trades favors as currency and his once sweet little rabbit 🐇needs his help.
This is a merger he can sink his teeth into - quite literally
Dangerous King was everything I expected and more. All the twists and secrets make good suspense. The touch of angst that makes it personal. The moment of choice that defines their path.
I am a big fan of Snow's work. The way she interconnects the cast from different series. The human elements are so tangible in each of her stories. The strong heroines and their overly protective men. She just does romance right.
This ends on a HFN (never know what the future holds)
I'm pretty sure Shah isn't going to roll over and take this turn events quietly (I am sure he will pop up in another brothers story)
Nik and Danika are 🔥 together they've got this - well for the most part
I'm so looking forward to watching Jayna kick a certain someone's backside when the truth comes to light
Another Five-star Must-read romance
#dangerousking #streetkings #cartel #suspense #romance #siennasnow
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple

The Billionaire Blooper (Hibiscus Bay, #1)The Billionaire Blooper by Lolita Thorne
Description:
Cade Bradbury. Billionaire island owner, at your service.
I'm not used to people giving me the finger.
Especially people I've just met.
Especially when I'm standing in front of my own island resort.
So I'm more than intrigued when cute but feisty Emma Clarke does just that...right after dumping a suitcase full of lingerie onto my sidewalk.
Questionable lingerie.
If this girl is who I think she is, then she's in big trouble.
I won't even bother going to the police to report someone soliciting...er...clients in my resort.
I'll run Emma off the island, and enjoy every second of it.
Which is what I tell myself until I actually spend time with her.
Now I'm thinking I might have made a mistake.
I don't want Emma off my island. I want her in my bed.
Which makes me wonder if she planned this every step of the way.
Me chasing her.
Me catching her.
Me falling in love with every inch of her...right down to that naughty finger.
The Billionaire Blooper is a spicy romantic comedy set in the charming small town of Hibiscus Bay. All books in this series are full-length, standalone romances with HEAs and NO cliffhangers and can be read in any order.
Our Thoughts 💭:
🤣 ever have a day when it felt like Karma had a target on your back?
Emma has a life like that
Truly if it can go wrong our sweet loving ❤Emma will be right in the thick of it
Finally, it looks like she might get a breather
Keyword being "looks like"
He never realized how tedious his life had become until he comes upon a pair of panties in a tree. Yes, you heard me correctly.
He has investors to woo and a resort to run.
The last thing he needs is a ... (not spoiling the surprise)
This was such a fun read.
From the opening scene to the full of feels closing.
These two were perfect for each other
Very light angst provided just the right twists and suspense
Lots of smexy snuggling
And the cutest HEA
A must-read if you are looking for a fun light flirty romance
#billionaireblooper #smalltown  #romanticcomedy #newadult #lolitathorne  
Amazon  

Unleashed by the Moon (A Royal Shifters novel Book 4)Unleashed by the Moon by L.P. Dover
Description:
Desired by many.
Longing for one.
As the last royal arctic female, shifters across the country are sniffing for the chance to be the lucky male mated to Faith. A bond with her would elevate her chosen to the Royal pack, allowing them to tap into unimaginable power.
But Faith’s heart has already been claimed.
Hidden among the Great Plains pack, she finds the missing piece of her soul in Tate. But this love comes with a fatal risk. If their feelings are discovered, a price will be put on Tate’s head. At the next full moon, their bond can be fulfilled. Until then, they wait...
Little do they know, Killian Vilkas is preparing to manipulate matters to further his own twisted agenda. Orchestrating a vicious tournament, he pits shifters against one another in battles to try their luck at winning Faith’s hand.
Loyalties will be tested. Bonds broken by crushing betrayal. When the face of the silvery moon rises, will love stand victorious? Or fall beneath the snapping jaws of merciless ambition?
Our Thoughts 💭:
I dropped into this series with this book and I will definitely be going back to the beginning and catching up - though this was easy to read as a standalone. Solid world-building with an easy to follow storyline featuring a vibrant and loveable/loathable cast that I connected with right away
Faith was quick-witted, strong and despite being royalty she was grounded. All the things I like in a strong heroine. She knew her mate was out there and she believed she was ready to go out into the world and find him.
Turns out she has already been found and not by her mate
Tate was smooth - I can not think of a better way to describe him - He was a bit like the anchor
Killian, I have mixed feelings here I will let you decide
The supporting cast is just as important and standout on their own - just too many to list
This story just clicked with me
The romance side was sweet with just the right touch of smexy
The friendships were tangible
The suspense was enough to have me white-knuckling my kindle and at times wondering how they were going to find the way out
The angst was there but it wasn't something that would drown a reader
I would have liked more answers but that is just a me thing
#unleashedbythemoon #royalshifters #paranromal #romance #suspense #lpdover
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple

Immortal: Guardian of Monsters (Varcolac, #1)Immortal: Guardian of Monsters by Kristin Ping
Description:
Natasha’s life begins the night she is turned. With the ability to channel fire, a gift that only belongs to the witches, she becomes a terror—not only to the packs, but all the supernatural breeds. She’s known as Blaze. The deadliest vampire out there. But Blaze has a secret. She didn’t want to become a vampire, she needed to become a vampire, and her reasoning is lost. It died the night her human life did. Her conscience activates when two Varcolacs visit the covenant, looking for allies for the Great War.
What was it about the Varcolacs that made her grow a conscience? And will she be able to outrun it to keep the title of terror?
Our Thoughts 💭:
Having never read Ping's work before I wasn't sure what to expect but it was fantasy/paranormal - my genre
The first few chapters I had to read a couple of times to fully understand what was happening. Once I got the rhythm I was a goner! The storyline jumps between the present and the past.
The author sets up a strong foundation for the running plotline and by the end, I was comfortable with the factions, some of the myths and was following the clue trails with eager abandonment- Seriously I was bummed I only had book one at the time - I probably would have read the series through
However, by the end even with some of the reveals (oh, and some biggies were revealed) so many secrets still remained.
The story is fast-paced and a lot is going on but it does all tie together really really well at the end - this is a series so it is to be continued - not really a cliff hanger
Our main character Natasha has so many facets to her and I have so many questions about her.
The secondary characters are so well written. Each brings something to the story that is essential - not just fluff
The story itself is full of action and little nuggets of suspense
If you enjoy strong storylines that take place in uniquely crafted universes
Vivid characters that capture your heart (or turn your stomach)
This is for you
Start this series Free on all platforms
#immortal #guardianofmonsters #varcolac #occult #horror #fantasy #urbanfantasy #kristinping
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple


Them Seymore BoysThem Seymore Boys by Savannah Rose
Description:
Enemies don’t become lovers, they simply pretend.
The Seymore Boys were never anything more than sacks of chiseled muscles and sharp jaws. A wad of beauty to cover up their rotten cores.
They came into this world with a vengeance.
Breathing hate.
Wreaking havoc.
Scorching dreams.
But they weren’t the only ones filled with hate.
For a while, I threw my fury in their direction. It was my crew against theirs. Brick by brick, we were hellbent on taking the Seymores down.
And then things changed.
All because of that blue-eyed reject, Rudy Seymore. His whispered lies and dangerous truths. His devilish smile and wicked tongue. The way he touched me on the outside and deep within.
Suddenly, the fire in the Seymore Boys looked different. Appealing.
But fire is fire.
And I’m about to learn just what it means to get burnt.
Our Thoughts 💭:
For me, this fell solidly into the young adult coming of age category The emotional side of surviving those crapy life-altering pre-adult years -
Not quite adulting but facing issues that most adults still have trouble traversing
The progression was a bit slow for me but it does pick up. I felt the first half was getting to know our heroine, her inner battle with right and wrong, her need to be a part of the "It" crowd.
Things begin to click around the 57% mark and move pretty swiftly from there leaving the reader with a solid cliffy that will have you clamoring for the next in series
The story has a heavy emotional undertone but not a dark bully in the sense I am accustomed to.
I can attest to absolutely despising some of the cast - like the queen B, the 'rents, and a couple of others who either looked the other way or just followed along because
Then there were those who captured my heart so easily.
The writing is solid with an easy to follow storyline -
I did have trouble connecting with the cast in the beginning also some of their responses to situations did not click with me
But that is me and honestly once I got past the "foundation setting" I was engaged in the outcome and was solidly team Kennedy
#themseymoreboys #comingofage #newadult #romance #savannahrose #ameliagates

Comments